cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Chase hates me, its official. No CLI after 6th statement today.

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Well Chase hates me, its official. No CLI after 6th statement today.

@Anonymous wrote:

$1k Freedom, put $250-300 through it each month, 6th statement just closed last night. No CLI. Im f*cked. Sigh.

Took me 3 tries to get my freedom, got approved with scores over 750 across the board. Finally got it and they give me $1k, lowest interest rate. This is what i didnt want to happen. Having my freedom card stuck at a low limit. I was really banking on a CLI.

You guys think its still possible i may get one today or later in the week? Or if i were going to get it i would have seen it by now?

I PIF every month too. I just paid my bill. If i dont get a CLI after it clears im going to get the feeling im pretty much screwed. 

My experience:

It took me 3 tries as well. I was approved on 3rd try as my banker recommeded me as I had 10K in savings there. Was approved at 1K CL. Asked CLI 4 times every 6 months, was raised $300, $300 & $400, respectively taking me to $2K. Fourth time they declined any increase and there was no HP as well. Taked to Credit Analyst and was told at the moment this is max they can offer. Since then have been trying to get any luv. Have contacted Credit Analysts a fdew times and I even contacted EO once. Still it sits at $2K, one of my lowest CL (see my signature). Now I have understood that Chase wont budge and I don't care. I use Freedom only when they have some useful 5% category.

Message 21 of 52
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$1k Freedom, put $250-300 through it each month, 6th statement just closed last night. No CLI. Im f*cked. Sigh.

Took me 3 tries to get my freedom, got approved with scores over 750 across the board. Finally got it and they give me $1k, lowest interest rate. This is what i didnt want to happen. Having my freedom card stuck at a low limit. I was really banking on a CLI.

You guys think its still possible i may get one today or later in the week? Or if i were going to get it i would have seen it by now?

I PIF every month too. I just paid my bill. If i dont get a CLI after it clears im going to get the feeling im pretty much screwed. 

I wasnt aware that they gave cli after 6 months. not auto cli. actually i don't see any where on the web page to ask for a cli not on the freedom.

Message 22 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasnt aware that they gave cli after 6 months. not auto cli. actually i don't see any where on the web page to ask for a cli not on the freedom.

Nope Chase doesn't have a CLI buttons either call or SM themSmiley Happy

Message 23 of 52
uswala
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always called them.

Message 24 of 52
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My auto CLI for ritz came on my 7th statement as well. Never got an auto CLI on either slate or marriott though.
Message 25 of 52
live-n-learn
Contributor

Join the club...
My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 26 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Amazon Rewards, not Freedom ... Chase just doubled my CL from $2K to $4K, after having the card 6 months. I've run it up to the limit at least 3 months... sometimes I've PIF, sometimes I've paid 50% of the balance one month, then let the other half of the balance roll to the next month. If you PIF every month, they're not making any money off you... that's my cynical take on the situation. Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

but that has no say in CLIs. they make money off of swipes.
Message 28 of 52
lessonslearned
New Contributor

Back in July/August I was doing a remodel and essentiallly had to beg Chase for a CLI. I was funneling everything through the Freedom and Discover for the cash back, but Chase was only at $1,000. They checked my file, asked me several questions, and checked my bank account that's also with Chase. I think it helped that I had a lot of cash in the bank account. Maybe try that if you also bank with them. 

Message 29 of 52
dwz55
Regular Contributor

I was stuck at 1500$ for 8 years on my Freedom even after runnning 30,000 a year through the account for  few years, finally took a HP and got 4100 after 6 months of maxing it out they auto'd to 9000.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.