cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well..Cheveron gas card just got less useful.

tag
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Well..Cheveron gas card just got less useful.

Went to fill up today at Chevron was going to use my Discover IT anyway because for the 5% back and I noticed now that all Chevron gas stations are partnered with Safeway so you can use your gas rewards from grocery shopping there up to a $1/off a gallon. Filled up my Jetta TDI for $2.69/gallon. :smileyvery-happy. Thisis great for me since in Portland, OR where I live hardly any Safeway's have gas stations and too often my gas rewards went unused. 

It is going to be hard for me not to apply for BCP until January.......

Anyways, I thought I'd share this for the fellow gift card purchasers from Safeway, I'm pretty sure you can buy chevron gift cards there. 

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Well..Cheveron gas card just got less useful.

I will have to look into that, I wonder if Tom Thumb (a Safeway company) in Texas will partner with Cheveron here

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In So Ca, they've partnered with Von's for up to .20/gal off. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
In So Ca, they've partnered with Von's for up to .20/gal off. Smiley Sad

Ralphs is doing the same thing with Shell but they'll deduct points from Ralphs membership, so it exactly isn't free.

$1 off per gallon would be sweet Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

ESP in So Cal and my car takes premium. Yesterday, it cost me $68.00 to fill up and that's with .20 off.
Also, I don't have to use my Chevron card to get the discount. As long as I enter my Von's number I can use any cc I choose.
Message 5 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
ESP in So Cal and my car takes premium. Yesterday, it cost me $68.00 to fill up and that's with .20 off.
Also, I don't have to use my Chevron card to get the discount. As long as I enter my Von's number I can use any cc I choose.

Interesting program here in Norther Cal with Safeway.  They're giving me 5X gas points for buying gift cards.  So, I've just used BCP to buy Chevron GC, and then use the GC at a Chevron station with the discount.

Message 6 of 7
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Every little bit counts Lexie! 

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.