cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I stepped out of the Garden.......

tag
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well I stepped out of the Garden.......

Mustanglvr2006,

DO NOT tweet your personal information, just establish contact through Tweeter. It will be either: Beth, Rachel, Courtney, Olivia or Lace.

Enjoy it and Congratulations !!!

Message 21 of 29
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

I also have to say;

HUGE CONGRATS MUSTANGLVR2006 on the new AMEX HiltonHH!!!  

All that back dating is gonna get you a tricked out bright red walker though Smiley LOL Smiley Wink   Well, maybe at least a nudge (you're practically in the 800 zone as it is) into the 800's (well, MORE 800's LOL). 

I'd say it was well worth stepping out of the garden for a short app stroll lol.  When it comes to improving a CS, you really are a good example of how it's done. Like I've said before, a lot of us want to be like you when we grow up lol, although if our cars (the one I drive most anyway lol) were parked side by side people would think I was  your grandpa! Smiley LOL

Awesome job, just awesome  freakin job  Smiley Happy

Hahaha to the bright red walker comment. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 22 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! It's amazing what backdating will do for your AAoA. I have a spreadsheet that calculates the AAoA, so I can add cards and see what will happen. It's amazing what 3 backdated Amexes would do for me. At least you've already gotten over the backdating hurdle, so you know this one will be backdated. I'm still in wait-and-see mode, hoping that it will work for me, too.

Great CL and bonus! Enjoy your new card. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@RyVision wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

In my estimation, with backdating especially to the extent you have it, it's always a good idea to add an AmEx.  More aaoa, credit line, and lower utilization.  Anyway, with AmEx, they've go so many different rewards that it makes sense to have a Charge card, hotel rewards card, airline card, and your run-of-the mill no fee cash card.

PS - Betraying my age here, but my very first car was a Mustang 5.0 (1988).  You guys remember that one?  

My favorite feature (when I found out about it applying when you get a new AMEX lol) is the back dating.  Which for me goes back to about the time of your first car, you kids these days Smiley LOL  (My first car was a 1973, used but perfect, and inexpensive).  I did have a 1984 Mustang GT 5.0 convert though with a 5spd back in the 80's, couldn't use it at all in the winter (again used, only bought 1 new car in my life, in 88, probably won't do that again, too much depreciation for me).

I would really like to add another AMEX soon,  maybe later this year.  Two more would be awesome LOL (ok, I'm still happy I got ZYNC for now lol).

I think AMEX for back dating is really worth stepping out of the garden for (not that I'm a big gardener, can't really claim that I don't think).  The back dating also justifies an AF (for some, the perks on some cards do also).

Well, I'm the founder of the Garden Club around here, and even I tend to agree with this. In the world of credit, Amex's backdating policy is a rare and wonderful thing.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

In my estimation, with backdating especially to the extent you have it, it's always a good idea to add an AmEx.  More aaoa, credit line, and lower utilization.  Anyway, with AmEx, they've go so many different rewards that it makes sense to have a Charge card, hotel rewards card, airline card, and your run-of-the mill no fee cash card.

PS - Betraying my age here, but my very first car was a Mustang 5.0 (1988).  You guys remember that one?  

That was the only reason I apped for the HH AmEx, for the backdating, my util is 1% every month anyway so I really did not need the extra credit line, but it never hurts to have a little more, just in case "life happens" and I need to carry a substantial balance for a month or two.

I also have a 92 LX 5.0 that I've put roughly 5K into (performance parts, Centerline Convo Pro rims etc...) I bought it brand new 7-14-92 and still own it, that car has just under 90K miles on her.

Thank you for the reply.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Your journey from your starting score to where you are now is such an inspiration!

Thank you very muchSmiley Happy

@JusdoNit wrote:

LOOKING GOOD.  Looking real goodSmiley Wink

I appreciate thatSmiley Happy

@frogfan12 wrote:

Nice 'stang! I drove a 2000 and loved it. Even though I have an SUV now, I drive it like it's a Mustang (and am often disappointed...LOL)

Too funnySmiley Very Happy and Thank you.

@frogfan12 wrote:

Low mileage too. I'm guessing you have another car? My 2010 is pushing 26K miles...I'll be passing you up soon after a few more road trips. Haha.

I do have a 92 LX 5.0 Mustang as well, but that car is a weekend warrior as well as my 06 Stang, I actually live with my roommate and we work at the same place, he will not drive with me, so he drives us to work every day, he says I drive like a nut LOL. I just help him out with gas $$, I'm considering purchasing a new GSX-R Motorcycle, I'm just not sure if I want another payment, so time will tell.

@Platinum wrote:

Mustanglvr2006 why you did not go for 60.000 bonus points ???

https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/hilton-hhonors-card/71-1000-112?returnUrl=https://www.americanexpress.com&wt.mc_id=CMEM_BOl5jOB8d0IYM9

I did not see that offer, I will be looking into that, Thank you for this information.

@RyVision wrote:

I also have to say;

HUGE CONGRATS MUSTANGLVR2006 on the new AMEX HiltonHH!!!  

All that back dating is gonna get you a tricked out bright red walker though Smiley LOL Smiley Wink   Well, maybe at least a nudge (you're practically in the 800 zone as it is) into the 800's (well, MORE 800's LOL). 

I'd say it was well worth stepping out of the garden for a short app stroll lol.  When it comes to improving a CS, you really are a good example of how it's done. Like I've said before, a lot of us want to be like you when we grow up lol, although if our cars (the one I drive most anyway lol) were parked side by side people would think I was  your grandpa! Smiley LOL

Awesome job, just awesome  freakin job  Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for the kind words, I greatly appreciate it.

@Platinum wrote:

Mustanglvr2006,

DO NOT tweet your personal information, just establish contact through Tweeter. It will be either: Beth, Rachel, Courtney, Olivia or Lace.

Enjoy it and Congratulations !!!

Thank you again for the important information, it's much appreciated.

@tinuviel wrote:

Well, I'm the founder of the Garden Club around here, and even I tend to agree with this. In the world of credit, Amex's backdating policy is a rare and wonderful thing.

I could'nt agree more, that's the only reason I apped for this HH card (for the backdating)

I also want to Thank everyone else who has replied to this thread, reading each and every reply from my fellow myFICO Friends means so much to me, I have always said, if it was not for this site and each and every one of you guy and gals, I would not be (creditwise) where I am today, so I Thank you all for your help, in teaching me what it takes to achieve excellent credit, I could have never done this on my own.

Have a Wonderful weekend my Friends.

Message 26 of 29
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Haha, Mustang (we have a Mustang too!), right before I read your post yesterday I thought for sure you stepped out of the garden for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!  Smiley Wink

Anyway, congrats on the Amex and the backdating!  Those points are awesome!  It's also good you got rid of the crappy low limit cards as they serve no purpose now.  How are your FICOs doing?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 29
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Congrats Stang!!!!!!!  Oh and awesome ride!

Smiley Happy

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Haha, Mustang (we have a Mustang too!), right before I read your post yesterday I thought for sure you stepped out of the garden for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!  Smiley Wink

Anyway, congrats on the Amex and the backdating!  Those points are awesome!  It's also good you got rid of the crappy low limit cards as they serve no purpose now.  How are your FICOs doing?

Thought the same thing!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.