Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well at least I tried :)

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well at least I tried :)

So my PSECU BT finally cleared on the card and new balance is reporting. Called in today and asked them if they can do a manual update for me, no dice unfortunately. They can only report once a month.

So now i'm stuck with false overall util. until next month. I really hope I don't get SP'ed by any of my creditors. I'm up to 40%. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Well at least I tried :)

You will be fine.

Heck, when I started paying things off this year my overall utilization was over 70%.  I'm sure they were softing me regularly, but no AA resulted.

Next month all will be well... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I need to call some CC companies myself and have them update my info. My new increases aren't reporting quite yet...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I think you are thinking too much of this. If you had just opened ten new cards and all of them reported as maxed out, then you may have problems. While 40% may be slightly high, it is not that big of a deal.

Message 4 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

LS,  40% isn't a big deal, it sounds a bit high if you're in the market for a credit product, but otherwise, lenders don't see that as worrisome.  I bounce between 20 an 85% all the time,  score follows  up and down but there's never been an AA from it.  Actually, near the higher end of the scale was when Discover called and gave me a CLI.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about at the 40% level.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thanks guys, was kinda depressed about it today. Them O's can help with a WIN!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

So my PSECU BT finally cleared on the card and new balance is reporting. Called in today and asked them if they can do a manual update for me, no dice unfortunately. They can only report once a month.

So now i'm stuck with false overall util. until next month. I really hope I don't get SP'ed by any of my creditors. I'm up to 40%. Smiley Sad

I'm sure you'll be ok.Do creditors put a great deal of store in our utl even after we get the card? I was under the impression that a medium percentage utl is not that bad as long as we dont carry high utl month after month. What is your opinion?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 7 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I need to call some CC companies myself and have them update my info. My new increases aren't reporting quite yet...

I wish it was possible to get Wells Fargo to update on request but so far its a no go.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 8 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Yea 40% UTIL isn't bad...all my reports are reporting HIGH UTIL and haven't updated in a few. Annoyed beyond reasoning! LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 14
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Ok. Listen. Look at me. 40% is nothing. In the whole scheme of things you will be fine. It had to get over my own near manic utilization fears and realize that I am being responsible, paying off my CC debt "early & often" like never before. Creditors love to see you use their cards! The only time I worry about util is when I am going to app. Just let everything post and update. Its ALL GOOD!!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.