cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well-capitalized banks ,and credit card money makers.

tag
324Sally

Well-capitalized banks ,and credit card money makers.

Which banks or credit companies , are best to applly for when applying for 2nd credit card , such as short history and new credit score... For my fico  increments . I'm 17 yr old male . and need the gift of gab...show me today's heyday and a little platinum... i need a java's wakeup call....this is't the (a) recessionSmiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Well-capitalized banks ,and credit card money makers.

OK, that helps some. I'm not sure which CRA the 581 is from but I'll use it as a guideline for any of the three.

The best card you could get right now IMO is a BoA secured. First go to the BoA pre-approval link and see if they offer you anything, more than likely it will be a regular secured card.  If that's what happens I suggest applying for the Platinum Visa and see if they offer you a 99/500.

There's just not a quality non secured CC out there for a 581 score. 

The only thing that has me slightly confused is that if you're young and are given a CC, you pay it on time and use it wisely, your score should be in the 600's. Are there any lates or other blemishes that would reflect the low score ??

Jax 

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 11-12-2008 04:15 PM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Got the first part of the post about second credit card. It would help if you post your present FICO's and what card you have now.

The part about being 17 kind of fills in the length of credit history.

The rest I'm perplexed at.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 8
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Why two threads?
Message 3 of 8
324Sally

Well my fico score is 581 and I have a capital one platinum mastercard.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you need to be at least 18 to get a Credit Card?

And I agree, weird posting. 

Message 5 of 8
324Sally

We'll I'm speaking for a friend . I just wan't my question answered...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jusr because he or she is 17 does not mean he does not need the info

please help him.

Message Edited by Dedricw on 11-12-2008 03:57 PM
Message Edited by Dedricw on 11-12-2008 03:58 PM
Message 7 of 8
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

OK, that helps some. I'm not sure which CRA the 581 is from but I'll use it as a guideline for any of the three.

The best card you could get right now IMO is a BoA secured. First go to the BoA pre-approval link and see if they offer you anything, more than likely it will be a regular secured card.  If that's what happens I suggest applying for the Platinum Visa and see if they offer you a 99/500.

There's just not a quality non secured CC out there for a 581 score. 

The only thing that has me slightly confused is that if you're young and are given a CC, you pay it on time and use it wisely, your score should be in the 600's. Are there any lates or other blemishes that would reflect the low score ??

Jax 

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 11-12-2008 04:15 PM
Jax

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.