cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, got my first denial. And it sucks...

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Well, got my first denial. And it sucks...

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, sorry to hear about the denial. I know you want to move your money from Chase to another bank.  But keep in mind they (the banks) are a cesspool of crooks.. All they care about is the bottom line.

I am sure if you give it some time and apply again, you may just get approved.

Interesting correlation ... "a cesspool of crooks ..." guess I should bring my big pumper and suck them up ... LOL Smiley Wink

Yes, vaguely surprised that that such an attack on the character of MyFico advertiisers (and a key reason for FICOs existence!) was allowed (by a community leader no less!)

@how is calling the banks crooks an attack on MyFico advertisers?  Enlighten me @Lontimelurker...

Really???   OK, let's see.   Who do we see advertising on the top page:

Credit One

Barclays

Discover

Chase

US Bank

Capital One   etc etc

And these are banks, who advertise on MyFico.    And guessing, I would think that many people would consider calling a group "cesspool of crooks" a kind of attack

And banks are the major lenders, and they are the buyers of things like credit score, i.e. a big component of the driver behind FICOs market.

I hope that is sufficient enlightenment.

Message 81 of 127
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Kb109 wrote:

Applied for the Chase Freedom today and got the 7-10 days message. I called Chase and they said they couldn't approve my application because I have too many new accounts. I've only opened two new accounts in the past year, didn't realize that was "too many". They pulled Experian which my score is 777, I make over $150,000 a year, never missed a payment, under 11% utilization, a long banking relationship with Chase, no baddies on my credit reports whatsoever. They told me I can send a dispute via snail mail, which I'm going to try. This is my first time being denied and it sucks. If anyone is thinking about applying for a Chase card and you have opened more than one new account within the past year, don't even try it! I have near-perfect credit and couldn't even manage to get the approval since I opened two new accounts within the past year. RIDICULOUS. I'll take my money elsewhere.

I'm sorry to hear about your denial.  I was also recently denied for a Chase card (the AARP) for similar reasons.

As has been said, it's a business decision.   However, with enough push-back, they may alter their business decisions in the future.   I see no problem with you taking your business elsewhere and letting Chase know precisely why you did.   Since I was denied the AARP (which I'd wanted to use for dining), I gave Synchrony the business and got a Sam's Club MC.   After all, it's a business decision.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 82 of 127
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Really what I think Chase should do is put it on the application that if you have X new accounts in the past two years your not eligible. Its lame for them to do a HP on people for what will be an automatic denial. 

It's fairly usual to keep details about thresholds on what you consider risk factors more secret , to prevent gaming.

Message 83 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, sorry to hear about the denial. I know you want to move your money from Chase to another bank.  But keep in mind they (the banks) are a cesspool of crooks.. All they care about is the bottom line.

Interesting correlation ... "a cesspool of crooks ..." guess I should bring my big pumper and suck them up ... LOL Smiley Wink

Yes, vaguely surprised that that such an attack on the character of MyFico advertiisers (and a key reason for FICOs existence!) was allowed (by a community leader no less!)

@how is calling the banks crooks an attack on MyFico advertisers?  Enlighten me @Lontimelurker...

Credit One

Barclays

Discover

Chase

US Bank

Capital One   etc etc

And these are banks, who advertise on MyFico.    And guessing, I would think that many people would consider calling a group "cesspool of crooks" a kind of attack

And banks are the major lenders, and they are the buyers of things like credit score, i.e. a big component of the driver behind FICOs market.

Thats taking things very literally. Every company has someone corrupt in it. This will be my last post on this topic but if you think that is an attack then thats you as I don't think it is.

I am not going to derail the thread nor encourage you further by going back and forth.  But it seems we both have a different understanding of what "an attack" means..

Message 84 of 127
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit One

Barclays

Discover

Chase

US Bank

Capital One   etc etc

The forum is most valuable when people articulate their honest opinions and experiences with lenders.   In moderating this forum, I will not stifle people's opinions, so long as they are shared respectfully and germane to the topic at hand.   You will find both positive and negative topics posted about all of the aforementioned lenders, many with varying levels of input by our community leaders and our moderators.   To me, this encourages our Community to make informed decisions.   

My main problem with referring to banks as a "cesspool of crooks" is that it's vague.   Perhaps examples that are more specific and informational would direct the discussion better (of course, that may be off-topic for this thread).   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 85 of 127
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit One

Barclays

Discover

Chase

US Bank

Capital One   etc etc

The forum is most valuable when people articulate their honest opinions and experiences with lenders.   In moderating this forum, I will not stifle people's opinions, so long as they are shared respectfully and germane to the topic at hand.   You will find both positive and negative topics posted about all of the aforementioned lenders, many with varying levels of input by our community leaders and our moderators.   To me, this encourages our Community to make informed decisions.   

My main problem with referring to banks as a "cesspool of crooks" is that it's vague.   Perhaps examples that are more specific and informational would direct the discussion better (of course, that may be off-topic for this thread).   

Simple google search of Chase and Barclays about being fined among others lenders you will get hits and let the articles explain it vs.typing out a long story.  To most people this is common knowledge of some of the stuff banks have done or tried to get  away with..They are just as greedy or more greedy and breaking the law unlike us just applying for credit.  This is getting a bit  off topic though 

Message 86 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..Ok...Ok..  I think there is some sort of misinterpretation/misunderstanding with the use of "cesspool of crooks"...

The defination of cesspool can mean a filthy, evil, or corrupt place or state <a cesspool of corruption>.  A "Cesspool of crook" I am using here is a figure of speech...

Another example I can use to make this clearer is describing the supporters of the Cavaliers after losing the finals as a "a bunch of yobs"   A figure of speech to describe them..

I hope this makes things clearer as we get back on topic.

Cheers,

YIM.

Message 87 of 127
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Really what I think Chase should do is put it on the application that if you have X new accounts in the past two years your not eligible. Its lame for them to do a HP on people for what will be an automatic denial. 

It's fairly usual to keep details about thresholds on what you consider risk factors more secret , to prevent gaming.

Does Chase still ask if your CRs are free of BKs and other derogatory info during the application process? If so, maybe they can add a line to ask if they are also free of recent "app sprees".  Smiley Wink

OP, sorry to hear about the denial. 

Message 88 of 127
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which is why I started with credit unions back in 2008, haven't looked back since.   Chase has treated me well, despite my run in with Wamu, and their stealing of money via overdraft and switching deposit times.  If you show usage, responsible payment, never pay interest (banks don't know you are running 0%), they like you.  Carrying a balance on the 0%, but running up charges and making large payment, they REALLY like you.  Just my two cents.  Close out accounts no longer using, but be judicious, because that does trigger flags with Chase new scoring system.

Signature needs updating
Message 89 of 127
northface28
Established Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Some threads make me kinda laugh inside, especailly when people feel like they "deserve" something. It's their money so their rules. If you don't want to play their games then play someone else's game. Not too hard to comprehend. Highly doubt Chase will suffer if you take your money elsewhere but you gotta do what you feel will make you feel better. 

It used to make me laugh inside too, now I just shake my head. Some people around here honestly think they are owed a lot.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 90 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.