Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, had to apply for AMEX corporate

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Well, had to apply for AMEX corporate

I really don't want the humiliation, but I pretty much had to. Based on what I've read about corporate credit cards, that's almost a blessing knowing they will decline it, as the devious corporations have pushed the potential liability for the card onto YOU. I've often thought it must be great to be a corporation in the US, you have all the rights of a person but none of the responsbilities, and you can continually preach "personal responsibility" to everyone else and act like you are some kind of personal responsibility guru without ever really having to practice what you preach.Nice gig if you can get it.

Anyway, I was notified via email that AMEX has received my application and it will be processed in 2 to 3 business days. I translated it as it will be declined in 2 to 3 business days. I was thinking hell why not cut out the middle man and just let the computer reject it, come up with a database of random rejection reasons [Mod cut] "Our CEO just picked up a new trophy mistress and needs more funds so we need to limit our liability" and have some fun with it. What won't be fun is the fallout of dealing with being seen as a deadbeat due to being declined at work. I bet most of them have NO clue how these lunatic companies really operate these days and all the games of this. They probably last got cards back when anyone with a pulse was sent a practically real "pre-approval". Now it's more convoluted than trying to board an airplane. So they will see that and automatically jump to the conclusion I'm a deadbeat loser, and you know what corporations do to people who are perceived this way today. So not looking forward to that, but hey, if things go really bad as a result, AMEX can take pride in not only declining a deadbeat loser yet again, and lowering my score again, but also contributing to opening up new jobs in America, that's a win for everyone! Way to go AMEX whoo hoo!

God I hate these companies, and everything about them. Only in America [Mod Cut]. Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to repeat the politically correct nonsense we are all brainwashed with, this is paradise it's perfect every other country is evil and out to get us, I'm SO glad I live in paradise instead of hell on earth, God bless America!

[Edited to remove profanity, which is not permitted on the FICO Forums.]

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Well, had to apply for AMEX corporate

You're going to get approved. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

There's something almost Caulfield-esque about your rants.  Not quite as amusing, but close enough for a CC board.  Throw the word phony in their a bit and you'd almost have it. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
chasmith
Valued Contributor

I had to go with the corporate card years ago, and it's been a net win because previously I had to use my credit and file for reimbursement.  My employer has a system where charges flow into the expense syatem from Amex and I just complete the report, and Amex gets paid.  So there's no downside as I see it in my being personally responsible.

I wasn't able to get approved intially (blacklisted for an ancient disagreement / non-payment), my employer guarantedd $4K to get me a card, and after one year the credit limit was removed.  More recently I had to file BK7 and my Amex card let me keep traveling (a job requirement) without dislocation.

You won't see me taking a personal Amex if they begged me to take one, but I'm quite happy with the corporate card setup.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.