Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that was scary.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Well that was scary.

My mom did.. I didn't answer the door lol. Well its all activated, just waiting for one more and I'll be complete lol.

Message 11 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Great. Quickie should arrive shortly.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re activation.   Just got a $25 gift card from US Bank (part of the bonus on the Cash Plus).  To activate I had to call a number, enter the card number and then the 3 numbers on the back.   Since I  was able to call from a random phone, I really don't understand the point of activation, anyone with the physical card would have all the data (number to call, card number, CVV).

Message 13 of 15
phonic
Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Actually Discover was fairly easy to activate.. you just call the number on the sticker and they just ask what your name is.. but I guess it would be hard to sound female. The woman was super nice, so kudos Smiley Happy.

Discover uses the system that Amex uses to match phone number... if it matches that way they don't ask additional security questions as to not be annoying like some of these companies that ask last 4 soc, dob, full name, full address, phone... i mean really when is the last time I credit card theif called in to ask about an account... they charge until it doesn't work and then ditch it!

+1 your phone number is used to verify the caller, of course if they intercept your mail and have your cellphone then it gets scary.

They don't even need to have your phone. In this day an age it is trivial to spoof your caller-id/ANI. All they would need to do is know your number, which again is incredibly easy, to be able to activate it without supplemental authentication. Everytime I call a business and get that "we've pulled up your record by your phone number so no need to enter in a pin, etc." part of me laughs while the other part cries.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 14 of 15
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Neighbor rung doorbell about 15 minutes ago, hands my mother something that he said was in his mailbox and it was in a cardboard container type holder.. thought it was my Capital One card, it was my Discover IT card. My mom said I was lucky that he was honest, and I was happy as well that he was. I'm hoping my Capital One card isn't in someone elses box.. I'm just hoping it just hasn't been delivered. 

Rest assured that, unlike Discover, your Capital One card will NOT arrive in a cardboard packaging box . . . !!!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.