Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well this sucks....Barclay's Apple iTunes Approval

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Well this sucks....Barclay's Apple iTunes Approval

I guess I jumped the gun. I was approved for the card, however my initial spending limit is only 250.00. Smiley Embarassed I am so upset.

I thought I would be in good hands since I was just approved for a Zync and have a 3,000 limit on a Discover More Card.

I guess TU reporting the high util of my Amex didn't help. Now i'm stuck with a low limit card....lower than my secured Capital One. Ugh!! 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Well this sucks....Barclay's Apple iTunes Approval

Is this your actual CL ?  Or just a temporary limit until you receive the card ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 21
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure it's my credit limit. It said in several places that my initial limit was $250. It didn't say anything about it being different once I recieve the card. I don't even have the page in front of me anymore bcause I was so pissed after I saw that. 

Message 3 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

I guess I jumped the gun. I was approved for the card, however my initial spending limit is only 250.00. Smiley Embarassed I am so upset.

I thought I would be in good hands since I was just approved for a Zync and have a 3,000 limit on a Discover More Card.

I guess TU reporting the high util of my Amex didn't help. Now i'm stuck with a low limit card....lower than my secured Capital One. Ugh!! 

oh no not stuck.... go up above in sticky for back door numbers and give them a call this instant! Tell them Your Amex is a Charge Card so it is paid in full each month and the version of TU is showing that in your util. but it shoudn't be and that you were hoping for something more inline with Discover... They will counter if they can't do $3k.

and if you have to I have read people doing recon with 3 different Reps, I did 2.

Message 4 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Creditaddict wrote:

oh no not stuck.... go up above in sticky for back door numbers and give them a call this instant! Tell them Your Amex is a Charge Card so it is paid in full each month and the version of TU is showing that in your util. but it shoudn't be and that you were hoping for something more inline with Discover... They will counter if they can't do $3k.

and if you have to I have read people doing recon with 3 different Reps, I did 2.

+1.  They are great with recons, I agree that you should give them a call and tell them you need a higher CL.

Message 5 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

Definitely try and recon. Let them know that you run all of your monthly expenses thru the Amex and it's PIF every month. Next time, you might want to PIF before the statement cuts, so it will report a zero bal. This will boost your score and lower your util. Smiley Happy

They don't like to see too many recent accts opened. It makes banks nervous. I'd garden for at least 6 months. Smiley Wink

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 21
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Well, I am stuck with a low limit card. I called and they said that they would only be able to increase my limit to the highest credit limit I have, which is currently 500 with Cap One. (I should have waited a couple of months until after my Discover posted to my CR's. ugh). She said even if my Discover posts, they will want to still see a few months of payment history. Oh well. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

So they bumped you to $500 ?    And it sounds like they will likely bump you after another 6 months or so too IMO.

Message 8 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

Barclays is great with recon, been there.

Message 9 of 21
learnin113
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Barclays is great with recon, been there.

They are. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.