Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well this sucks....Barclay's Apple iTunes Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well this sucks....Barclay's Apple iTunes Approval

Good luck.  I've had the Barclay iTunes Rewards card since the spring of 2008.  They started me at $250 for my CL.  My CL to this day is STILL 250 and even with trying to pay off the card each month, carrying a balance, etc they still refuse to up my CL.  Its cut up now and is only used for my dish autopay.  I've tried the backdoor numbers numerous times with no results and always an attitude of why they can't help me.

I'm thinking hard about transferring my autopay to another credit card and telling Barclay where to stick it.

Message 11 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck.  I've had the Barclay iTunes Rewards card since the spring of 2008.  They started me at $250 for my CL.  My CL to this day is STILL 250 and even with trying to pay off the card each month, carrying a balance, etc they still refuse to up my CL.  Its cut up now and is only used for my dish autopay.  I've tried the backdoor numbers numerous times with no results and always an attitude of why they can't help me.

I'm thinking hard about transferring my autopay to another credit card and telling Barclay where to stick it.

What does your CR's look like?? FICO scores?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 21
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

That's weird. She immediately bumped me up to 500 and said that after some time I could be considered for a higher limit. I will cancel it after 6 months if I do not get a CLI. No reason to have it. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 13 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If your CR continues to improve in the next 6 months then I'm sure they will give you a CLI.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cancelled my Barclay with iTunes Rewards card.  I told them that no CLI increase in 4 years and an APR of 27.24% with no decrease when I have asked is an insult.  The guy tried telling me that I will lose all of my iTunes Rewards points and that I cannot request for the card to be reopened.  I told him in 4 years of having that card I only accumulated 1600 points.  I would need to keep it for another 2 years in order to qualify for a $25 gift card for iTunes.  I told him I could just go buy one of I really wanted it.

Fortunately after I cancelled this card I called GE for our Walmart card and got it's line increased by $200 so all is well.  I don't need Barclay.  I told the guy when he tried the usual line of they are sorry to see me go that I'm sure they will really miss my $250 CL....  It feels good not having Barclay anymore.

Message 15 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just cancelled my Barclay with iTunes Rewards card.  I told them that no CLI increase in 4 years and an APR of 27.24% with no decrease when I have asked is an insult.  The guy tried telling me that I will lose all of my iTunes Rewards points and that I cannot request for the card to be reopened.  I told him in 4 years of having that card I only accumulated 1600 points.  I would need to keep it for another 2 years in order to qualify for a $25 gift card for iTunes.  I told him I could just go buy one of I really wanted it.

Fortunately after I cancelled this card I called GE for our Walmart card and got it's line increased by $200 so all is well.  I don't need Barclay.  I told the guy when he tried the usual line of they are sorry to see me go that I'm sure they will really miss my $250 CL....  It feels good not having Barclay anymore.

What were the denial reasons that they gave your for never increasing your CL ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They kept mentioning our BK, which was in 2005 and I was approved for their card in 2008 with no problem.

It doesn't matter though.  Our CL was increased by $200 on our Walmart card, and I just got approved with Capital One for a $500 CL for a new card.  I have an existing one with them already with excellent payment history.

Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They kept mentioning our BK, which was in 2005 and I was approved for their card in 2008 with no problem.

It doesn't matter though.  Our CL was increased by $200 on our Walmart card, and I just got approved with Capital One for a $500 CL for a new card.  I have an existing one with them already with excellent payment history.

Why wouldn't you just wait it out until the BK dropped off your reports then ask for CLI?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be another 3 1/2 years.  No thank you.

Message 19 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be another 3 1/2 years.  No thank you.

Patience is a virtue.

You'll continue to recieve toy limit cards and reebuilders apping right now. Garden and wait for it to drop off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.