Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well well, isn't this interesting...

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Well well, isn't this interesting...

So I called yesterday to get a replacement PP card as the woman at the register was playing with it and bent my card. Now from what I read they are changing people over from PP to Mileage Plus Club, well that's not the case. I asked and she said that was supposed to happen but they are keeping them separate.  The program is very different. At any rate the perks are better on PP than MileagePlus Club. So I get my new card and to my surpise it says UNITED on the left and CHASE on the right with PRESIDENTIAL PLUS in the middle but with a faint UNITED logo behind it like on the new MileagePlus Explorer and MileagePlus Club card. The card is purple but METAL like the SAPPHIRE PREFERRED card. On the back it says WORLD ELITE with the silver MC logo. It looks pretty! Hell I'll keep this one! One perk that I didn't realize of the PP card is that you get 25% Bonus Miles after your flights occur regardless if you paid for it with the card or not as long as that card is linked to your MileagePlus number which marketing does for you automatically. I checked my Mileage Plus account and noticed all my flights since February's PC have had 25% bonus miles on TOP of my 25% elite bonus I earn for being Premier Silver (Almost Gold! Woohoo).  It's not posted anywhere that I can find and was sort of a surprise feature! 

photo 1b.jpg

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Well well, isn't this interesting...

It does look pretty....

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the difference between PP and the new club card is small, and both have a feature the other does not. The PP provides elite qualifying miles of 1,000 for every 5,000 in spend (25,000 EQM to reach silver, 50,000 gold, etc). While the club card does not have this feature, unlike the PP it does provide a 50% miles bonus on all purchases (ie. 1.5x miles on everything) and the 100% bonus on united (same as PP). The advantage the PP would hold is if you are a gold level with 70,000 miles at year end, and you need the extra 5,000 boost (from 25,000 in spend on the PP) to push you to platinum. Of course In theory if you never fly at all and spend 125,000 on the PP you would get to silver level, which in all honesty does not get you much.

Otherwise these cards are essentially the same, both in appearance and features.

Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That is a sharp looking card!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
saaws
New Contributor

the 25% bonus mile  on the actual flight mile (not spending) you are talking about is discontinued as of march.. I read it from flyertalk.

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 5 of 11
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it's for miles flown. They discontinued this? Are you sure? I got it on my flights in March that happened mid-to-end of March.  Can you link me? I can't seem to find it on Flyer Talk. Thanks! I'll be ticked if that's the case. They said there will be NO changes to the program.

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 6 of 11
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Sadly, I just called and the above poster is correct, they did take it away. However, I did not receive any notification about it and the said it was "quietly changed". She reimbursed my annual fee and gave me 10,000 miles for it. That really s*cks though. Smiley Sad I earned bank on that 25% PP bonus. 

===========
Message 7 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

@ArisGreek wrote:

So I called yesterday to get a replacement PP card as the woman at the register was playing with it and bent my card.

WHAT!?!?!?

Wow.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 11
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

ha. I mistyped. I called the other day to get a replacement PP. The woman at the register earlier in the morning was playing with my card and bent it too far before I could say stop. I hate when people play with your card while they are holding it waiting for an approval! It drives me nuts. 

===========
Message 9 of 11
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Definitely better than that wierd plastic-like (whatever it was made out of)  and design from before that's for sure. lolSmiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.