Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, well, well

tag
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: Well, well, well

Thanks for the feedback, I slept on it, and I think ill wait. I have a pretty good stable of cards im happy with now.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 11 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I slept on it, and I think ill wait. I have a pretty good stable of cards im happy with now.

I admire your hestitation, lol. I burned Chase, so if I ever had a chance back in with them, whether I had good cards or not, Id jump on it. But, good for you for waiting it out. If I remember right though, you didnt burn them in your BK. Has your new Compass card reported yet? 

Message 12 of 18
northface28
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

I admire your hestitation, lol. I burned Chase, so if I ever had a chance back in with them, whether I had good cards or not, Id jump on it. But, good for you for waiting it out. If I remember right though, you didnt burn them in your BK. Has your new Compass card reported yet? 

Momma always told me "Doubt means NO". I did not burn them in BK, as a matter of fact, I have 0 IIB accounts. The BBVA card has not reported yet.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 13 of 18
black_citi
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Same here....I think. I never filed BK but when I tried apping a year ago, declined. Tried again this year, declined. Both letters they sent never mentioned my past relationship with them. They seemed more concerned about my high inquiries and recent accounts so I dont know if I actually burned them or not. Even if they sent me an offer, I'll just wait it out for 2 years just to make sure I actually get approved.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

If you don't need it this second, you might as well wait untiil the $200 bonus comes back later in the year.

+ You will probably get a better limit and APR if you wait a tad bit longer Smiley Tongue

+1

Message 15 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

OP doesn't have a CSP, so the "CSP/Freedom" combo talk is basically meaningless. It is something that is blanket recommended without any relevance sometimes. Let's consider the individual here, who does NOT have a CSP, instead of saying "oh I love the CSP combo". Just my opinion. They aren't asking about that. They're asking about the Freedom on its own merit.

Back to OP, to me personally the Discover IT and the Freedom are too similar to both be useful but you have to evaluate your own wants/needs. Discover has broader categories -- home improvement and online shopping vs Freedom's Lowe's and Amazon only, etc. Freedom is not a bad card, but outside of the CSP situation that doesn't apply to you, I don't see why you would want a Freedom and a Discover. Some have both and say it makes sense for them. To each their own. But they are too similar for me.

Message 16 of 18
northface28
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

OP doesn't have a CSP, so the "CSP/Freedom" combo talk is basically meaningless. It is something that is blanket recommended without any relevance sometimes. Let's consider the individual here, who does NOT have a CSP, instead of saying "oh I love the CSP combo". Just my opinion. They aren't asking about that. They're asking about the Freedom on its own merit.

Back to OP, to me personally the Discover IT and the Freedom are too similar to both be useful but you have to evaluate your own wants/needs. Discover has broader categories -- home improvement and online shopping vs Freedom's Lowe's and Amazon only, etc. Freedom is not a bad card, but outside of the CSP situation that doesn't apply to you, I don't see why you would want a Freedom and a Discover. Some have both and say it makes sense for them. To each their own. But they are too similar for me.

Voice of reason, this is why we pay you the big bucks.

BK Discharged 9/11

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Voice of reason, this is why we pay you the big bucks.

Discover is most likely to reward your improving profile. Chase is more valuable when combined with a transfer option.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.