Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo 365 Amex question

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Wells Fargo 365 Amex question

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Unfortunately, i actually didnt get the bonus as i got the actual Amex a week later and was concentrating more on reestablishing my relationship with them and trying to fulfill that Sub. Bad timing i guess. I actually dont want AF cards just happened to work out that way with this card and my Amex green, which was really just to see if i was still on blacklist. Oops, wasntSmiley Wink

I didn't get a bonus on my Propel either... of course they are offering one now.  Smiley Frustrated

I really only wanted the card to be an overdraft source for my old Wells Fargo checking account since the rewards are 'meh'.  I only use it enough to keep it active.

For anybody interested, I'll add this... it does get semi-regular BT offers, but always at 4% (BoA is 3% and Capital One is 2%).  Further, you can have them put the BT directly in your checking account which is nice if someone needs it quickly.  A couple of years back I helped my grandfather do a BT on his WF Visa, and it was actually quite smooth (it was the best option he had at the time).

I'll also add that I had fraud on the card back in August, but WF caught it and declined the charge; I responed to their message and was promted to give them a call.  When I did, I was quite pleased with how it was handled... my card was promptly closed, and they offered to send my replacement card to me via overnight.  If the card had rewards even equal to my other cards I would definitely put it in rotation.

If it were me, I might reach out once to see if a PC is possible (who knows... things change all the time).  However with your other cards IMO this one isn't worth 'fighting' for... if no PC I would defintely close to avoid the AF.

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks UncleB, good stuffSmiley Happy. Mine did have the 20,000 point bonus but i believe it was 3k spend and at the time just couldnt do it. Lol, i think i have like 700 points haha. Cant even get a gift card. I might send a sm to see what they say or call but yeah, this is one i can live without though i must say i do like the look of the card with the horsesSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks UncleB, good stuffSmiley Happy. Mine did have the 20,000 point bonus but i believe it was 3k spend and at the time just couldnt do it. Lol, i think i have like 700 points haha. Cant even get a gift card. I might send a sm to see what they say or call but yeah, this is one i can live without though i must say i do like the look of the card with the horsesSmiley Wink

Yeah, I currently have 65 points on mine - and that's with never having made a redemption. smiley-laughing021.gif 

At the risk of side-tracking the conversation I'll agree that aesthetically they hit a home-run on the Propel line... it's one of my best-looking cards.  It's too bad they didn't put as much thought into the rewards structure.  Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+100. They are sharp looking. I like the look of the black card with the horses too. Oh well, may keep it in the cc hall of fame i just inventedSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Yeah, I currently have 65 points on mine - and that's with never having made a redemption. smiley-laughing021.gif 

At the risk of side-tracking the conversation I'll agree that aesthetically they hit a home-run on the Propel line... it's one of my best-looking cards.  It's too bad they didn't put as much thought into the rewards structure.  Smiley Sad

Totally Agree on the aesthetics of the card...  Just walked in the door from vacation and my Propel Amex was waiting in the mailbox, it's pretty sharp looking!

I also was lucky enough to qualify for the "spend $1000 in first 90 and get 20,000 bonus points" SUB!  I'll have that knocked out in no time.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with Wells since 1993. It is difficult and frustrating when dealing with WF customer service, their credit card department (the number on the back of the card), or their analysts. I call one or more of those departments several times a year, over the past 3 years, requesting a CLI, or product change. They have never been a bank to allow product changes, and this has been clear to me based on personal experience. Over the years, I've spoken to many reps, and they collectively sound confused when I ask about product changing one of my old standard Visa cards. I also ended up with a closed WF Rewards card... My last conversation 2 months ago, led me to think that they are beginning to allow product changes on certain cards only. I ended up declining, as I will try to increase the CL before merging 2 cards next summer. 

The Difference between the regular WF Propel, and the Propel 365 is Points expiration. You have 5 years to use your points on the regular Propel, and points are unlimited and do not expire on the 365. If you got a sign up bonus with the 365, and it is your main card or one of your main cards, it may be worth keeping if you do not want to worry about points expiring.

I agree the Propel cards looks crazy good! I've been with Wells for a long time, and their recent fallout aside, the WF Stagecoach still means something to me.

Message 16 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Quick update guys, i sm'd them yesterday and got the reply. Suprisingly, my card doesnt have an annual fee according to the responding message. I thought it did but if not i may keep it around for diversity sake. Smiley Happy Thanks everyone who partook? Lol in this taboo post hahaSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.