Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo AmEx

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Wells Fargo AmEx

If you currently have a banking relationship with Wells Fargo, and might be interested in their trial Amex co-branded cards, check with your banker to see if you are pre-approved.

I just talked to a banker I often work with that the personal bankers can now check to see the customers are pre-approved, instead of having to have to wait for a targeted marketing call from WF credit department.

Needless to say, due to my low internal score, I am not pre-approved. The system isn't even pre-approving me for their visa signature cards lol.... Oh well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo AmEx

Did you hear what the rewards on the card would be?

Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Didn't manage to find out anything specific. Banker doesn't really know much other than rough details. The rewards structure sounds pretty similar to BofA bank americard 3-2-1 rewards structure though with some bonuses for PMA clients.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I, for one am shocked that you are not pre-approved!
Message 4 of 8
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I, for one am shocked that you are not pre-approved!

+1  If you're not pre-approved then I got no chance at all whatsoever. lol 

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

I think they are reserving these cards for their "better" customers. Wells Fargo is really big on relationships, and ever since I moved my money away, getting anything from them, including SP CLIs, is an uphill battle. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Why did you move all your money away?  I think PNC is also a relationship bank.  I got a good card from them after I put in a fair amount of money into my checking account.  I was amazed at it.

I would still think that with what you have they would have offered you something to entice you back.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 8
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
If you currently have a banking relationship with Wells Fargo, and might be interested in their trial Amex co-branded cards, check with your banker to see if you are pre-approved.

I just talked to a banker I often work with that the personal bankers can now check to see the customers are pre-approved, instead of having to have to wait for a targeted marketing call from WF credit department.

Needless to say, due to my low internal score, I am not pre-approved. The system isn't even pre-approving me for their visa signature cards lol.... Oh well.

They've been hounding me to get their card. First the rewards card and now the signature card. Any reason I might want to do their Amex? Over other cards? I don't have PMA but they keep asking me to do that too.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.