Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Approval (No Relationship)

tag
One7
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Approval (No Relationship)

Ok, so apparently Wells Fargo is huge on having some sort of relationship with them, in particular a banking relationship.  Just curious to see who has gotten a credit card from them without a prior relationship, and if so, what credit card were you approved for with them. Possibly your stats when approved.  I'm not a big fan of their CCs but I'm curious. Thanks in advance

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Approval (No Relationship)

@One7 wrote:

Ok, so apparently Wells Fargo is huge on having some sort of relationship with them, in particular a banking relationship.  Just curious to see who has gotten a credit card from them without a prior relationship, and if so, what credit card were you approved for with them. Possibly your stats when approved.  I'm not a big fan of their CCs but I'm curious. Thanks in advance

I am curious as well with their propel cards. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 13
One7
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

I don't expect to see many, if any lol I hear they are conservative when it comes to dishing out credit. They like to keep it in their banking family, but it'll be cool to see if they go out of their comfort zone here and there

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 3 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

I don't expect to see many, if any lol I hear they are conservative when it comes to dishing out credit. They like to keep it in their banking family, but it'll be cool to see if they go out of their comfort zone here and there

Yeah I was thinking of broadening my cc portfolio, but I will go with Barclay's citi and bank of America first

Message 4 of 13
One7
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Yeah I was thinking of broadening my cc portfolio, but I will go with Barclay's citi and bank of America first

Smart thinking,  WF would definitely be last on the list (unless you bank there of course, and even so close to the bottom of the list)

Message 5 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Smart thinking,  WF would definitely be last on the list (unless you bank there of course, and even so close to the bottom of the list)

Nope I don't bank there anymore. Moved all my savings to ally, and checking to alliant credit Union few years back. Looking at Sallie Mae from Barclay's and maybe citi AA card, who knows

Message 6 of 13
One7
Valued Contributor

Great choices, I hear those two are some of the most sought out cards, the sallie mae in particular.  I once tried for the AA card but Citi told me I had already applied for that card, even though I hadnt. I didn't get a HP though so I just left it at that. Maybe in a year or so, I travel quite a bit. As for WF, there seems to be lots of complaints about their fees, I'll never bank there.

Edit: typo

Message 7 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

WF recently approved me for a Propel World Amex, no prior relationship whatsoever. Took a few days for them to approve it but got an ok limit $8k. I wasn't expecting it but the sign up bonus is good (40k points). I have a lot of new accts but most of those inq are on EX. They also credited me $100 about 2 days after I bought an American Airlines E-gift card.
Message 8 of 13
shark268
Contributor

They were my first card when I banked with them. So far though they are the worst rewards and worst customer service I've received from my cards/banks so I don't recomend bothering with them. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 9 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@One7 wrote:

Great choices, I hear those two are some of the most sought out cards, the sallie mae in particular.  I once tried for the AA card but Citi told me I had already applied for that card, even though I hadnt. I didn't get a HP though so I just left it at that. Maybe in a year or so, I travel quite a bit. As for WF, there seems to be lots of complaints about their fees, I'll never bank there.

Edit: typo

Yeah i am not an fan of having to jump thru hoops , when it comes to fees. When i compared savings rates WF was i think .03% and had to dd into my account, compared to ally where i had to do nothing and was getting .85%. It seemed like no brainer to me. Right now the only "travel" card i have is an CSP. So was thinking of broadening my portfolio just wary because not sure i travel more then 3 or 4 times an year. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.