Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CC Interest Rates

tag
Turboba6
Valued Member

Wells Fargo CC Interest Rates

Guys,

ALL my other cards, I have 6 CC's Total, with a TU/Ex Fico score of 680/699 as of Jan 5th with a Util. of 45%, have Interest Rates between 9.5% to 15.9% Highest...EXCEPT for my Darn Wells fargo Card, as of Jan. 1st they Raised it (They said they sent me a Notice in Nov.) to 22.9%Purch/27.9Cash!!!

Now I have a Very Small balance on the Card, because I NEVER use it, so I Called today to see about Lowering it, and was Rather Rudly Told that Wells Fargo NEVER Lowers Rates!!! Is there ANY WAY to get it lowered, perhaps if I write a Letter?? I would Like to be able to Use the card again because it has a Generous Credit Limit!

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CC Interest Rates

@Turboba6 wrote:

Guys,

ALL my other cards, I have 6 CC's Total, with a TU/Ex Fico score of 680/699 as of Jan 5th with a Util. of 45%, have Interest Rates between 9.5% to 15.9% Highest...EXCEPT for my Darn Wells fargo Card, as of Jan. 1st they Raised it (They said they sent me a Notice in Nov.) to 22.9%Purch/27.9Cash!!!

Now I have a Very Small balance on the Card, because I NEVER use it, so I Called today to see about Lowering it, and was Rather Rudly Told that Wells Fargo NEVER Lowers Rates!!! Is there ANY WAY to get it lowered, perhaps if I write a Letter?? I would Like to be able to Use the card again because it has a Generous Credit Limit!

Thanks! 

You can use the card and the APR won't matter as long as you PIF. Depending on the BAL/CL ratio on the card it may be helping your UTIL, too. Best way to improve your APR's/avoid AA is to get your UTIL down (45% is pretty high) and make sure you are making payments of at least 5% of the balance on any CC's you are revolving a balance on.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.