Valued Member

Wells Fargo CC Interest Rates

Guys,

ALL my other cards, I have 6 CC's Total, with a TU/Ex Fico score of 680/699 as of Jan 5th with a Util. of 45%, have Interest Rates between 9.5% to 15.9% Highest...EXCEPT for my Darn Wells fargo Card, as of Jan. 1st they Raised it (They said they sent me a Notice in Nov.) to 22.9%Purch/27.9Cash!!!

Now I have a Very Small balance on the Card, because I NEVER use it, so I Called today to see about Lowering it, and was Rather Rudly Told that Wells Fargo NEVER Lowers Rates!!! Is there ANY WAY to get it lowered, perhaps if I write a Letter?? I would Like to be able to Use the card again because it has a Generous Credit Limit!

Thanks! 

Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CC Interest Rates

Turboba6 wrote:

Guys,

ALL my other cards, I have 6 CC's Total, with a TU/Ex Fico score of 680/699 as of Jan 5th with a Util. of 45%, have Interest Rates between 9.5% to 15.9% Highest...EXCEPT for my Darn Wells fargo Card, as of Jan. 1st they Raised it (They said they sent me a Notice in Nov.) to 22.9%Purch/27.9Cash!!!

Now I have a Very Small balance on the Card, because I NEVER use it, so I Called today to see about Lowering it, and was Rather Rudly Told that Wells Fargo NEVER Lowers Rates!!! Is there ANY WAY to get it lowered, perhaps if I write a Letter?? I would Like to be able to Use the card again because it has a Generous Credit Limit!

Thanks! 

You can use the card and the APR won't matter as long as you PIF. Depending on the BAL/CL ratio on the card it may be helping your UTIL, too. Best way to improve your APR's/avoid AA is to get your UTIL down (45% is pretty high) and make sure you are making payments of at least 5% of the balance on any CC's you are revolving a balance on.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}