Established Contributor
lithium78

Wells Fargo CCs?

Are Wells Fargo credit cards any good?  Also, how difficult is it to get CCs from them?  Thanks.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Padunkadunk

Re: Wells Fargo CCs?

IMHO, Wells Fargo cards are not that great. Terrible rewards, no respect for their long term clients. I've had a platinum visa with them for 5 years and they really haven't impressed. I recommend you go with a Chase or a BOA card. Rewards are a lot better and those are companies that will take better care of you. That is, if you're looking for a card with a major bank.
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa 05/2007 $1800 CL ----- AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 05/2008 $8500 CL ----- Best Buy CC 10/2010 $2500 CL ----- Chase Freedom Visa 01/2011 $3000 CL ----- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa Signature 07/2011 $5000 CL
Established Contributor
TravellingNomad

[ Edited ]

lithium78 wrote:

Are Wells Fargo credit cards any good?  Also, how difficult is it to get CCs from them?  Thanks.

i applied for them back in June.  i applied for them because i knew they were going to pull TU for me.  my TU FICO here at that time was 740 and no inq whatsoever so i thought i'd have a fighting chance.  and at the time, the 2 cc's i had (cap one and BBRZ MC) was just PIF, but i got denied for their rewards visa card.  called to ask for recon.  denied on recon as well.  rep told me that for some reason, they had a problem pulling my report (i call BS on that one) so they looked at my banking history with them.  denied because rep said that my "deposit history was unpredictable", meaning i don't push money in my account as much as they'd want me to.  In my opinion, unless they are your primary bank, i won't say it's hard to get approved...rather frustrating.  they're not my primary bank but i keep several hundred dollars between my checking/savings accounts because they have a cheap fee ($3.50 compared to $10 at some places) for international money remittance, a service they offer that i need since wife and i send money to her family back home.

but yeah, they based their decision on my app wholy on my relation$hip with them $$$-wise.  oh i call BS on them not being able to see/pull my report because my TU got hit with a HP from TU.

Established Contributor
Ulan

I have the Visa Signature from them and will keep it, as it's by far my oldest card. Ever since they started not giving me the more or less standard 1% in rewards anymore, I have hardly ever used it. Even before, they charged you for the rewards program (not sure if this is still the case) if you didn't have a close banking relationship with them. I would not get the card just to have it.

Senior Contributor
score_building

Padunkadunk wrote:
IMHO, Wells Fargo cards are not that great. Terrible rewards, [little] respect for their long term clients. I've had a platinum visa with them for 5 years and they really haven't impressed. I recommend you go with a Chase or a BOA card. Rewards are a lot better and those are companies that will take better care of you. That is, if you're looking for a card with a major bank.

yeah as far as the big boy banks go +1

Amex may also be worth considering, depending on what you are looking for from a rewards card/ ccc.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+