cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLD for non-usage = Goodbye WF!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo CLD for non-usage = Goodbye WF!

I got a letter in the mail today from Wells Fargo, telling me that I'm being CLD'd to $750 due to non-usage of my account. My last purchase on the card was in early August, and it's been in the sock drawer ever since. 

I logged into their website and told them thanks for the generious $750 limit, but our relationship isn't "Going Further" (Cause, "Together we'll go far" Smiley Very Happy) and they can close the account. 

Goodbye, medicore (in every way) Wells Fargo card!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLD for non-usage = Goodbye WF!

What was your credit limit before the decrease? 

Message 2 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

wrote:

What was your credit limit before the decrease? 

$2K 

Message 3 of 20
arkane
Established Contributor

Good riddance.

Given all their recent scandals and their remarkably worthless credit offerings, it amazes me they still have the arrogance to CLD for 6 months of non-usage.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love every single one of my banks and cards if this happens not a big deal.... I'm not really spending much and I don't believe in spending money just for the sake of a credit line. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 20
arkane
Established Contributor

I wouldn't mind buying a pack of gum every month to keep my oldest tradeline open.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 6 of 20
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

If you haven't used the card since August, you really don't have grounds to blame the bank.  Lots of banks would have just closed it.

It's really not hard to prevent banks from doing this.  A single charge every few months is usually enough.  

Message 7 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

wrote:

I got a letter in the mail today from Wells Fargo, telling me that I'm being CLD'd to $750 due to non-usage of my account. My last purchase on the card was in early August, and it's been in the sock drawer ever since. 

I logged into their website and told them thanks for the generious $750 limit, but our relationship isn't "Going Further" (Cause, "Together we'll go far" Smiley Very Happy) and they can close the account. 

I'm sorry to hear about the CLD, @DeeBee78Smiley Frustrated

I'm in a similar situation (I also have a seldom-used WF card) but I got it primarily for overdraft protection for my WF checking account, so my own non-use is somewhat by design.

My last purchase on the card was also back in August, until the first of January when I used it for a small charge (after having to call to have the fraud block removed since it had been so long without being used).  I was prompted to make the small purchase after reading another thread on here about a WF card being closed for non-use.

If you don't mind sharing, was this your only account with WF?  Specifically, do you have any deposit accounts with them?

Message 8 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

wrote:

If you haven't used the card since August, you really don't have grounds to blame the bank.  Lots of banks would have just closed it.

It's really not hard to prevent banks from doing this.  A single charge every few months is usually enough.  

Where did I place blame on the bank in my post? I didn’t. 

6 months is a little premature, imho, but I have no need for the card, so no love lost. 

Message 9 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about the CLD, @DeeBee78Smiley Frustrated

I'm in a similar situation (I also have a seldom-used WF card) but I got it primarily for overdraft protection for my WF checking account, so my own non-use is somewhat by design.

My last purchase on the card was also back in August, until the first of January when I used it for a small charge (after having to call to have the fraud block removed since it had been so long without being used).  I was prompted to make the small purchase after reading another thread on here about a WF card being closed for non-use.

If you don't mind sharing, was this your only account with WF?  Specifically, do you have any deposit accounts with them?

Yes, this is my only account with them. They used to be my main bank years ago, but I moved on ate some major customer service issues. I did open a chacking account with them last year for the bonus, but I closed it after the bonus had posted. 

I was going to close the card in a few months anyways. I have other cards with better limits to rely on. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.