cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI Notice - Change of Heart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CLI Notice - Change of Heart?

I'm a loooong time lurker who finally feels comfortable enough with my credit situation to join the conversation here at MyFico.

I received a familiar email this afternoon from Wells Fargo, telling me that my credit limit had been increased by $1,000. However, when I log on, no such increase seems to exist. This card started as secured for $500 in March 2012. It was graduated to unsecured and the limit was increased to $800 in May 2013. In August 2013 the limit was increased to $1,100. In February 2015 the limit was increased to $2,100. In the past, the CLI notice has arrived a couple of days after the increase. And I did receive a notice from my increase in February 2015.

Did they immediately retract the increase? Are they doubling up their notification - albeit months late? Was it just an error?

Any ideas? Is it worth giving them a calll?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo CLI Notice - Change of Heart?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a loooong time lurker who finally feels comfortable enough with my credit situation to join the conversation here at MyFico.

I received a familiar email this afternoon from Wells Fargo, telling me that my credit limit had been increased by $1,000. However, when I log on, no such increase seems to exist. This card started as secured for $500 in March 2012. It was graduated to unsecured and the limit was increased to $800 in May 2013. In August 2013 the limit was increased to $1,100. In February 2015 the limit was increased to $2,100. In the past, the CLI notice has arrived a couple of days after the increase. And I did receive a notice from my increase in February 2015.

Did they immediately retract the increase? Are they doubling up their notification - albeit months late? Was it just an error?

Any ideas? Is it worth giving them a calll?

I would suspect it may have been a mistake to send the letter, I would give them a call.  About 22 yrs I ago I had a WF card, I asked for a CLI, they sent me a letter saying my limit had been raised to 15K and this from a card that had a 1K limit, what they meant to say was it was raised 1500 to a total of 2500. I was told sorry it was just a mistake. Needless to say I didnt keep that card around very long.

Message 2 of 5
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Did you use the card since your increase in Feb? It seems like they send out "reminders" I have received 3 notices for my banana republic card and each time I get tricked into thinking its a new increase. A girl at the store said that she thinks they do it to get you to go spend.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer service representative I spoke with said there's no record of an email sent to me recently. Which is funny because the email references the last four digits of my card number and the name on the card. I now feel the same way you did then. This card was my first credit card upon beginning my rebuild. I no longer have a use for it outside of age and utilization.

Thanks for your advice!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card is used monthly (cell phone recurring for insurance protection), and in fact I just bought a new laptop with it. So prior to paying it by the 23rd, it has a balance. Which is why it kind of irks me that I am sent this "reminder" for something that I'm quite cleary aware of. I'm a former Wells Fargo employee though, so I can't say I'm surprised by dysfunction in any of their automated processes. :-)

Thanks for your input!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.