cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

I have successfully gotten (2) SP CLI's with WF (they were 6 months apart).  Each one I called in, the CSR said they would see if it would go through without asking for a HP and both worked out fine.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried for a CLI last week and it was a SP for me. I specifically asked the CSR and she assured me it would be a SP. I was declined and received my letter in the mail yesterday. More than 1 inquiry in the last 24 months. Go figure!

Soft pull declines seem to have that reason and other generic reasons. Once a hard inquiry is done a credit analyst actually reviews your account and makes a decision. If you ring back and tell them you'd like a full review, you may get the increase. Keep in mind they like to see usage, so if you aren't using it you can try using it for a few months and then try for the increase.

I use it alot and PIF each month. I wouldn't waste a HP on Wells Fargo though. I'm trying to garden. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.