cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

Hey all Smiley Happy

I've done some searching on this topic but it doesn't seem as though many people have a CC from WF.

So I've had my Platinum with them for about 8 years. I've had a checking account with them for about 32 years. Never had a CLI with them or asked for one. Never occured to me to do so till I started hanging out here more. My scores are in the 780 range with nothing negative.

My only issue with WF, is my card used to have a 10k limit on it and about 6 years ago, I maxed it out for awhile and they AA'd me down to $7250. Which is where it's been at since. I've ran a TON of money through this card. I mean literally 1000's upon 1000's in the 8 years I've had it.

I've got some money on it now, but I'm gonna PIF in a couple of weeks. So I thought why not ask for a CLI when that happens.

Anyone have any experience with them and CLI's and can advise on how best to proceed?

Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLI's? HP? SP? How to get one?

You can call and ask WF if a SP cli is available. They will let you know.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 12
boober
Frequent Contributor

Hi Skye, thanks for the reply. Smiley Happy

I might end up doing that. I  have a feeling I might not get many responses here on this 1. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It is possible to request a SP CLI. I did so once last year. Got declined since I had just gotten an auto CLI a couple of months prior, but the thing to note is that I asked for a SP CLI and I only got SP'd. No HP ever showed up. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a WF Platinum Visa with a $4k cl. I called a couple months ago and specifically requested a SP CLI. After reassurance that it was a SP, I told her to go ahead. It was declined for not enough tenure and experience with current CL. I'm gonna try again in march after I pass the 1 year mark with the card. Not a great card, but no AF either.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried for a CLI last week and it was a SP for me. I specifically asked the CSR and she assured me it would be a SP. I was declined and received my letter in the mail yesterday. More than 1 inquiry in the last 24 months. Go figure!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried for a CLI last week and it was a SP for me. I specifically asked the CSR and she assured me it would be a SP. I was declined and received my letter in the mail yesterday. More than 1 inquiry in the last 24 months. Go figure!

That's just dumb! That reason would eliminate almost all of us.

Message 7 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Probably eliminates the entire MyFICO community, lol. Smiley Tongue But for those normal, "real world" CC users, it's probably not a deal breaker.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boober wrote:

Hey all Smiley Happy

I've done some searching on this topic but it doesn't seem as though many people have a CC from WF.

So I've had my Platinum with them for about 8 years. I've had a checking account with them for about 32 years. Never had a CLI with them or asked for one. Never occured to me to do so till I started hanging out here more. My scores are in the 780 range with nothing negative.

My only issue with WF, is my card used to have a 10k limit on it and about 6 years ago, I maxed it out for awhile and they AA'd me down to $7250. Which is where it's been at since. I've ran a TON of money through this card. I mean literally 1000's upon 1000's in the 8 years I've had it.

I've got some money on it now, but I'm gonna PIF in a couple of weeks. So I thought why not ask for a CLI when that happens.

Anyone have any experience with them and CLI's and can advise on how best to proceed?

Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Always a hard pull if you ask for reconsideration, If you are qualified its a soft pull

Message 9 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Soft pull declines seem to have that reason and other generic reasons. Once a hard inquiry is done a credit analyst actually reviews your account and makes a decision. If you ring back and tell them you'd like a full review, you may get the increase. Keep in mind they like to see usage, so if you aren't using it you can try using it for a few months and then try for the increase.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.