Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CLI

I opened my first credit card through Wells Fargo on Dec. 08 and since I have opened it I have been declined a CLI at 6 months, auto CLI at 1 year(only $300), and today  since I had just recently paid it off and have never missed a payment  thought I would request it be increased $700 to $2000 but got the 7-10 days i will find out speech.  Is Wells Fargo a hard credit card to get CLIs with?  My credit doesnt have any collections or anything and ive never missed any payments on any of my cards or Auto Loan. Is there any number i can ring to be reconsidered?

I just joined the forum after lurking for the past couple weeks, this site is great and has given me lots of info. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLI

WF is not that hard to get CLI if you pay in full every month, my gf recently got a nice CLI from them, no hard pull.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have always been super tight to me!!!!!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it was my first cc so i havent always pif but it is paid off now.. has anyone ever tried ringing there backdoor number to get reconsidered? I found it on google.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Wells Fargo credit card for two years. They started me out with 1500.00, i have never been late with a payment.  I requested one CLI six months ago and they turned me down. Well just recently i went online to check my account. I could not believe it, they gave me an increase of 1250.00. I just recently opened a auto loan with them a few months ago, that i have paid on time. Maybe that did the trick.     

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious what kinda rate did you get on your auto loan? My wife works at wells Fargo now and were thinking of trying to get a loan with them
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a card with a low limit (under $500) from them, which was my first credit card (I am a student just starting out with credit). After 6 months I called for a CLI, and was approved for a 50% increase (unfortunately it generated a hard CR pull). I always PIF every month, so that may play a role.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my credit score is in the low 600's. I wasn't expecting a great interest rate, it is 14.49%. But i think by having the credit card and paying on time, helped with me getting approved for the auto loan with them.  

Message 8 of 9
mefowler

Credit Restoration

I just wanted to let everyone know: Wells Fargo cut my credit limit from 2k to $750 back in the middle of July of this year, citing my fico had dipped a little, as well as most of my cards were maxed. Thats was nearly 9k between my four cards. At the time, I asked if my credit line could be restored if my credit reports showed my utilization low like I stated. They cut the limit right around the time I was paying all my cards off, and so the credit reporting agencies didnt yet reflect accurate information. They told me to call back in about two months and they could look at restoring my line. I really didnt think that would happen until I gave wells fargo a call today, their credit department.

Unfortunately, they had to do a HARD PULL, (she told me they pull Experian) but it was worth it because my line is now restored back to the full 2k. Although it was at 4k, back in Jan 2009, I didnt push them for that. They stated to me that they are a relationship back and so it helps to utilize the card, as they take that into consideration with increases. She made it a point to tell me they compare my balance history and how much I have used/paid off etc. They lady I spoke with also made it a point to tell me they definitely look at restoration of credit limits all the time, and so it is pretty common for them. She made it sound like they always do a hard pull, as I asked if in the future I could have my line increased further.

Starting Score:530
Current Score:744 (Experian)
Goal Score:780
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

My Cards, and their actual color in order of appearance
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.