cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Called me to offer CC?!

tag
new-to-this

Wells Fargo Called me to offer CC?!

Hello all again.  Today wells fargo called to offer me a rewards cc.  THey have been offering it to me for months.  I have been banking with them for years and years. 

Does anyone have any experiance with wells fargo credit cards and approval chances?

I just got approved for citi wasn't looking for anything for a LONG time, But they called me on THE PHONE. 

Has this happened to anyone else here? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Called me to offer CC?!

Not with Wells Fargo but Discover called my wife a long time ago and she got it.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I hate them but I would think this pretty much means approved!

Message 3 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

They might be offering you the "trial" Amex network cards they are testing as well.

The bankers supposedly have a list of "approved" clients to call and promote the card.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 12
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I was never called. They just kept sending me letters and  I was approved for their rewards visa when I was still in the repair process.  I think my experian was in the 650 range at the time and they gave me a $4000 limit.  The APR was a bit high, like 23%, but it had 9 months no interest. It was my first rewards card at the time so I didnt care too much about the lacking rewards.

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
They might be offering you the "trial" Amex network cards they are testing as well.

The bankers supposedly have a list of "approved" clients to call and promote the card.

+1

It's possible the early targeted "trials" may have started for folks who have a specfic WF relationship.

Enharu - maybe you'll get an invite?   I haven't used my WF CC as much, so they may skip me altogether.

Message 6 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I also bank with Wells Fargo. My account was with Wachovia previously, and then before that it was SouthTrust. All told, I've been with them for many years under one guise or another. They sent me an offer last year for a rewards card, and I was instantly approved with a $7000 CL. I've had no complaints. The rewards are pretty plain vanilla, but I have it mostly for OD protection and an emergency card for my DH as an AU. All in all, I've been happy with it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@finstar, I'm definitely not getting an invite from them. I've moved most of my money away from them and I charged less than 1000 on their CC in the past 6 months. When I asked for a SP CLI they were pretty reluctant about it and cited my checking and savings balances and cc usage being the main issues. That's when I realized my internal score with them probably took a big dive.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah,
Wells Fargo is pretty lackluster imo.
They even seem kinda sub-prime'ish to me heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
@FinStar, I'm definitely not getting an invite from them. I've moved most of my money away from them and I charged less than 1000 on their CC in the past 6 months. When I asked for a SP CLI they were pretty reluctant about it and cited my checking and savings balances and cc usage being the main issues. That's when I realized my internal score with them probably took a big dive.

I totally agree enharu.  I pulled out some of my investments/money from them.  Left them with just enough liquidity in case of any "emergency" but like you, I may have used ~$2K in the past year as well.  I'm pretty sure my overall relationship may have withered in their eyes (visual of a tadpole in a shallow puddle) and you know how much emphasis they place on that whole relationship thing.  So, I've left it in auto-pilot mode for sometime.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.