Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card PC?

tag
GMac93
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card PC?

Hey everyone. I have the WF college card and I have a BT in the works as we speak so it'll have a $0 balance within the month. Anybody know if i'd be able to PC the card to something more useful? It's my oldest CC so i dont want to close it but it has no rewards and a whopping 23% APR. I originally got the card with a $700 limit and over the course of 2 years and 9 months WF has auto CLI it to $1700. Every request i've made for a CLI has been denied (SP only). Should i go through the hassle of trying to PC? and if so, what should i PC to.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card PC?

@GMac93 wrote:

Hey everyone. I have the WF college card and I have a BT in the works as we speak so it'll have a $0 balance within the month. Anybody know if i'd be able to PC the card to something more useful? It's my oldest CC so i dont want to close it but it has no rewards and a whopping 23% APR. I originally got the card with a $700 limit and over the course of 2 years and 9 months WF has auto CLI it to $1700. Every request i've made for a CLI has been denied (SP only). Should i go through the hassle of trying to PC? and if so, what should i PC to.

My understanding is that WF does not do PCs. Since it is your oldest card I would definitely keep it open. Use it for small stuff and pay off balance.

Curious about your SP CLI denials.....what does your credit profile look like? If you play your cards right I think there is a way to get approved on those CLIs.

Message 2 of 4
kalani91
Contributor

I have the college card too and was looking at their new credit card options. i'm just going to keep the card open and use it a couple of times a year, their other cards are weak.

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 3 of 4
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

They do not PC. Going through EO does not help either. I tried lol. So I just closed my card. It was useless. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.