Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card VS Citi Forward

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card VS Citi Forward

As someone who has both the forward and the college cash back visa, I can say I prefer the forward just because of the 5% category. I spend a lot in that category. haha

BUT, wells fargo approved me for the cash back card on a whim. I went in to clear up a fraud alert on my capital one card (wasn't even a customer of wells) and I opened a college combo (checking savings) with $100 deposit, and (with nothing on my reports at the time (cap1 hadn't reported yet)) wells approved me for a 600 limit. 

They don't HP for CLIs as others have said, it will initially be a SP, but if they can't approve you on that they do "further processing". 

If you're a wells customer, you'll most likely get approved for it (unless you're loaded with derogs). You might not get a great limit, but they seem to be a "relationship" bank. 

Message 21 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

Don't get a Wells Fargo card unless you can't get a card from either Chase, Amex, BofA, Citi, Discover, Barclays, or Capital One. (Did I miss any?)

Message 22 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Hline, no one would apply for a Wells Fargo card in that logic! It's almost impossible (and would be hard to imagine) getting declined by cap1. Smiley Tongue

If even capitalone is declining someone, that person probably wouldn't be able to get approved anywhere else.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.