cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo + Chase Freedom as starter cards..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo + Chase Freedom as starter cards..

Congrats on your double score!
Message 11 of 15
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Two cards in 4 months is fine! People talk about getting your foot in the door with X and Y company but the part that I think is harder is just getting your foot in the door in the credit world. Now that you have done that growing will come with due time. I started my credit journey a year ago and im way farther then I thought i would be at this point. Ive apped for new cards just about every 6 months. My advice (not that you asked for it) get in with amex soon. Getting a early MSD can be helpful in the future. Also they tend to give out good limits to good users. just my .02

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 12 of 15
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

credit karma is a fako score. Meaning it is not your real fico score. dont be fooled

Yes, but that may not be such a bad thing, my CK score is anywhere from 25-30 points below what my real FICO score is.  When you're ready for another hard pull, maybe app for a card that gives you your true FICO score.  The Walmart store card (not the MC/Discover version) is a good example.  Easy to obtain, monthly true TU FICO score, credit limit increases every 4 months (soft pulls), no annual fee, etc.   One of my charge offs (6 years old) is from Syncb the issuer and I was still approved.  There are plenty of others too, search the board, lots of great advice.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 13 of 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

2 cards in 4 months is considered conservative on myfico. We're all a little bit addicted. Knowledgeable, but a bad influence on some people who lack self control (like myself. haha) 

Definitely hit up the Garden Club Thread . Good way to keep track of your time in the garden, and good moral support for those tough times you're itching to app. =]

+1

I got 3 Cards in the first 5 months when I started June 2013. Discover it in June , Amazon store in August and Amex BCE in November

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closingracer99 wrote:

+1

I got 3 Cards in the first 5 months when I started June 2013. Discover it in June , Amazon store in August and Amex BCE in November

Is that when you first started out your credit history or just credit cards? I'm looking into getting the Discover IT and Chase Freedom. I already have a Wells Fargo secured card.  My scores are pretty similar to yours but I only have a 6 month credit history.  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.