Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Credit Card

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Credit Card

So I had an interesting moment with Wells Fargo. My credit card payment is not due for 18 more days...They reported to the agencies on Tuesday. Sucks because i had a 70 dollar balance on the 300 limit. Didn't know it would get reported so soon. I am such a noob when it comes to these credit card things.

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Card

You were reported as late??

Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It totally varies by Creditor in terms of how quickly a new card reports to CRAs.  Some report as soon as you open the card, some can take 1, 2 or even 3 statement cycles before they finally show on all three CRs. 

If you go ahead and PIF now, when your statement cuts in 18 days it should report a zero balance.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

No, but it was reported so early that I didn't get a chance to pay down the balance for the Utilization purpose of my credit score.

Message 4 of 6
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Pizza, yea, I paid it down today to 0 and I don't plan on using it again until past the due date. I would rather be careful with it then keep having this. And I have realized the credit card companies report weird, considering I have had a Capital One card for almost 2 months and It hasn't shown up yet on my reports.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I understand.  GE money (Amazon and Walmart) immediately reported my new accounts to all 3 agencies.

I have had a Capitol One for a little longer and they have yet to report to any agency.

I am guessing it varies. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.