Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Cards

I recently applied for a Propel card and was denied for one reason...inquiries. When I spoke to them they said there was absolutely no way around that reason. This wasn't the case years ago. So in my experience they've tightened the purse strings recently.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called in recently for CLI SP $500...not sure how accurate...but she said the most I could authorize on SP is $500...she goes is that fine???I said sure...she then went on to say I can get you more but it will be HP I said no thank you ...

Process took less than 10min. And was very nice...I got HP $800 last go round..and I was a dentist...cause I was pulling TEETH😵 for 800

Any have idea the most you can get from WF on SP???
Message 12 of 30
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Sorry MOD please delete - dupe.  Browser issue.

CM7, I've been a customer over 20 years and if it weren't for my laziness I would move to a credit union in a New York second.  All of my bill paying is linked to this WF account as well as my direct deposit - will take me a real effort to unwind and redo this mess.  I have almost have 100K in checking and savings with them and really don't feel the love from them. My WF rewards Visa is at 2K limit and hasn't moved since it was opened 8 years ago.  From what I've read on here and other sites it seems like Chase and BoA would really be better options. IF I do unwind WF then I will likely move to RBFCU or even Chase.

Not sure this helps but sure allowed me vent for a minute.  Smiley Happy

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 13 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Sorry MOD please delete - dupe.  Browser issue.

CM7, I've been a customer over 20 years and if it weren't for my laziness I would move to a credit union in a New York second.  All of my bill paying is linked to this WF account as well as my direct deposit - will take me a real effort to unwind and redo this mess.  I have almost have 100K in checking and savings with them and really don't feel the love from them. My WF rewards Visa is at 2K limit and hasn't moved since it was opened 8 years ago.  From what I've read on here and other sites it seems like Chase and BoA would really be better options. IF I do unwind WF then I will likely move to RBFCU or even Chase.

Not sure this helps but sure allowed me vent for a minute.  Smiley Happy

It's has been repeated before that Wells Fargo wasn't the most growth oriented when it comes to their credit cards (what few they offer & service), and yours seems to be evidence of that for sure.

It isn't mentioned but have you tried to up your card with them with a HP before or not?

Also glad to be of some help indirectly for venting too. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I think about it, I never get any mailer offers from WF whereas I do from other financial institutions. Oh wells. I wouldn't consider them anyways!
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

12velectronics-

LOL they are like unicorns😄 I don't think I ever seen one!!
Message 16 of 30
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

My CC went from $600 starting CL to $25K is 4 years. Took 4 SP and 2 HP CLIs.
Message 17 of 30
mdd0214
Contributor

No relationship with WF. Cold apped for cashwise card when it was first announced. Approved. Never used it. Cancelled as soon as scandal hit news. My only reason for sharing is the lack of any WF relationship referred to in OP.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

How much was your ask$ on SP and HP???

Message 19 of 30
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

How much was your ask$ on SP and HP???

I think I went from 600-900-1500-2200 on soft pulls. Then to 10K then 25K on HPs.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.