Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo - HP for CLI?

tag
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo - HP for CLI?

@GaTech wrote:
They might do auto love after the 1st 12 months of having your card, and then once every 6 months thereafter (that's what they did for me).

I've had this card for 10.5 years - no CLI ever. It is my lowest card, but my FIRST card. I got the annual fee (and rewards) removed and since its a VISA I have kept it SD'ed.

I wonder if keeping this card open is doing me more harm than good. Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

If you are not using the card, lenders will not be as willing to extend you any more credit than you already have. The same amount of money they extend to you could have been given to someone else who could be using it, thereby allowing the lender to make money off swipe and interest fees.

If you are not getting AA or rejections for having too much credit relative to income, don't close the account.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 14
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

"I've had this card for 10.5 years - no CLI ever. It is my lowest card, but my FIRST card. I got the annual fee (and rewards) removed and since its a VISA I have kept it SD'ed.

I wonder if keeping this card open is doing me more harm than good. "

Woooooow. I'm sorry Wells Fargo doesn't luv you Smiley Sad
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 13 of 14
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@kayvee_ wrote:

I've had this card for 10.5 years - no CLI ever. It is my lowest card, but my FIRST card. I got the annual fee (and rewards) removed and since its a VISA I have kept it SD'ed.

I wonder if keeping this card open is doing me more harm than good. Smiley Mad

You might try to use it very heavily for 1-2 months. Last year I received a SP auto-CLI once I had multiple payments in one month that exceeded the CL in order to constantly keep the balance low. Also coincidentally used a promotional BT supercheck for the first time in a small amount, that seemed to help.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.