Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo HP

tag
brindle26
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo HP

I activated my Wells Fargo Visa the other day then because of the low $300.00 limit I called for an increase. Asked for $1,500.00 and was transferred to a credit analyst. They could not approve $1,500.00 without a HP and ask my permission to do so. I did not give it. No increase was given me. Today a EX HP showed up on my report.

Are there any options available to me?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo HP

I'd call WF and ask them to remove the HP.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id call and close it and take your business elsewhere... they did this to us and not just once... I HATE THEM and they have never fixed it and we have almost moved our business away from them.

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@parakleet wrote:
I'd call WF and ask them to remove the HP.

+1

Message 4 of 10
brindle26
Regular Contributor

This is the 3rd time they have done it to me. The first 2 times they refused to remove the HP. Will not bother asking again. I'm going to sock drawer the card and only use it for gum every few months as it is my oldest tradeline.

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@brindle26 wrote:

This is the 3rd time they have done it to me. The first 2 times they refused to remove the HP. Will not bother asking again. I'm going to sock drawer the card and only use it for gum every few months as it is my oldest tradeline.

OTOH, unless you value the WFB relationship (not sure what else you have with them besides the CC), you could probably get better options or CLs with other lenders.  Even if you decide to close it, it would remain on your CRs for up to ~10 years after closure.

Message 6 of 10
brindle26
Regular Contributor

I dropped them as my bank in May and went with DCU

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@brindle26 wrote:

I dropped them as my bank in May and went with DCU

It sounds to me, as CreditAddict mentioned above, maybe it's time to consider the remaining relationship overall.  If it's worth more hassle than anything, I would close it IMO.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure these reps even know HP's are being done so I will try not to point the finger... but clrearly this bank is out of control... they hp without permission way to much just based on reading on here but it's such a fine line of allowability rather you give them permission or not since you already have an account with them and it's almost impossible to dispute an inq or reach someone that cares or has power/knowledge to fix.

After even talking to an = special (uneducated on credit) EO person I gave up on getting our unauthorized inq's removed... I spent HOURS on it.  If the exec office doesn't have the channels to fix issues they have admitted to then I can't do business with them because that scares me that they seem to be to big to even know which direction to take things to correct them.

Message 9 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Just call Wells Fargo. Any CSR can help you fill up a form, and you will receive a response via snail mail within 2 weeks. The inquiry should be removed within a month.

The department in charge of stuff like this is called "credit dispute resolutions" so you can call them or ask to be transferred to them. They are open till 530 central time Monday to Friday.

I have has several inquiries removed by WF and they are pretty easy going and prompt about doing these.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.