Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

Has anyone heard anything or used this particular card from Wells Fargo? thoughts? Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

I see it says:

Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card.

I wonder if current wells fargo home loan people can get credits towartds there home

link: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/home_rebate/

Message 2 of 8
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone heard anything or used this particular card from Wells Fargo? thoughts? Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

I have a Wells Fargo mortgage and considered this card when I recently decided to apply for a few more cards. There is a savings calculator on their site where you can estimate what you'd save, how much it would shave off the end of your loan, etc. When I crunched the numbers, it seemed that over a 30 year period of this kind of savings at 1%, I would not reduce the amount of the loan by enough to justify this card over other rewards cards with bigger savings. It may be more worthwhile for people with shorter mortgages and higher spending, but it didn't look like a good option in my situation.

Also, the rewards are limited to a mortgage rebate. Other cash back rewards cards of 1% allow you to use that 1% on anything, your mortgage or whatever, and you see the tangible rewards more obviously than you might if it only applied to the mortgage. And it's possible to get more than 1% in cash back rewards on other cards as well.  In most cases, if your interest rate on your mortgage is low enough, you'd be better served by using your rebate/rewards in another way, IMO.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My other question is what happens if WF sells your mortgage? Since April 2010 I've been sold twice. I'm finally now with WF but who knows next month?
Message 4 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My other question is what happens if WF sells your mortgage? Since April 2010 I've been sold twice. I'm finally now with WF but who knows next month?

I've been with Wells for 2 years now, and i'm glad they haven't sold me off.  I, unlike some, really like Wells Fargo. They have been great to me in servicing of my mortgage.They have also been responsible with my escrow disbursements when they are due. Not much care for the card side of Wells, but their mortgage services are great up to this point.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem with WF as a servicer of my mortgage. I just think in this day and age of bundling and selling mortgages that anyone who would want this card is taking a strange risk. I'd almost guarantee that next piece of mail I opened after receiving this card would be a letter from WF telling me they sold my mortgage Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah doesn't matter anyway now, I got declined.  They gave me a mortgage, but no card how funny! Smiley Very Happy

thanks for the info!

Message 7 of 8
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ah doesn't matter anyway now, I got declined.  They gave me a mortgage, but no card how funny! Smiley Very Happy

thanks for the info!

Sorry to hear about the decline...  did they say why?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.