Regular Contributor
isisblue

Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

Has anyone heard anything or used this particular card from Wells Fargo? thoughts? Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

Starting Score: EQ 433 12/2008
Current Score: EQ 649EX (LO Pull) 683 TU 663
Goal Score: 700 12/11

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
All baddies gone! lates have hit the 2 year mark!
Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

I see it says:

Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card.

I wonder if current wells fargo home loan people can get credits towartds there home

link: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/home_rebate/

Regular Contributor
MS00000000

isisblue wrote:
Has anyone heard anything or used this particular card from Wells Fargo? thoughts? Get rewarded for using your credit card! Earn a 1% rebate on your net purchases towards the principal balance of your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage loan when you make purchases with the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card

I have a Wells Fargo mortgage and considered this card when I recently decided to apply for a few more cards. There is a savings calculator on their site where you can estimate what you'd save, how much it would shave off the end of your loan, etc. When I crunched the numbers, it seemed that over a 30 year period of this kind of savings at 1%, I would not reduce the amount of the loan by enough to justify this card over other rewards cards with bigger savings. It may be more worthwhile for people with shorter mortgages and higher spending, but it didn't look like a good option in my situation.

Also, the rewards are limited to a mortgage rebate. Other cash back rewards cards of 1% allow you to use that 1% on anything, your mortgage or whatever, and you see the tangible rewards more obviously than you might if it only applied to the mortgage. And it's possible to get more than 1% in cash back rewards on other cards as well.  In most cases, if your interest rate on your mortgage is low enough, you'd be better served by using your rebate/rewards in another way, IMO.

Regular Contributor
idmd

My other question is what happens if WF sells your mortgage? Since April 2010 I've been sold twice. I'm finally now with WF but who knows next month?
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

idmd wrote:
My other question is what happens if WF sells your mortgage? Since April 2010 I've been sold twice. I'm finally now with WF but who knows next month?

I've been with Wells for 2 years now, and i'm glad they haven't sold me off.  I, unlike some, really like Wells Fargo. They have been great to me in servicing of my mortgage.They have also been responsible with my escrow disbursements when they are due. Not much care for the card side of Wells, but their mortgage services are great up to this point.

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 10k|Chae IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k
Regular Contributor
idmd

[ Edited ]
I have no problem with WF as a servicer of my mortgage. I just think in this day and age of bundling and selling mortgages that anyone who would want this card is taking a strange risk. I'd almost guarantee that next piece of mail I opened after receiving this card would be a letter from WF telling me they sold my mortgage :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
isisblue

ah doesn't matter anyway now, I got declined.  They gave me a mortgage, but no card how funny! :smileyvery-happy:

thanks for the info!

Starting Score: EQ 433 12/2008
Current Score: EQ 649EX (LO Pull) 683 TU 663
Goal Score: 700 12/11

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
All baddies gone! lates have hit the 2 year mark!
Established Contributor
Tazman81

isisblue wrote:

ah doesn't matter anyway now, I got declined.  They gave me a mortgage, but no card how funny! :smileyvery-happy:

thanks for the info!

Sorry to hear about the decline...  did they say why?

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 692 (04/03/2013) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 720 Tu: 740

Wallet: Chartway Visa 10k | AMEX Costco TE (AU) 25k | Cap One MC 750 | Cap One Visa 750

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}