cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo/La-Z-Boy CC - Account closed by Credit Grantor?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo/La-Z-Boy CC - Account closed by Credit Grantor?

I have a Wells Fargo/La-Z-Boy retail store credit card that has a dual line of credit as a MC.  I tried for a CLI and was advised that Wells Fargo no longer does the financing for La-Z-Boy...they'll honor it until the card expires and they won't renew it after that.  I'm not able to convert it to a different type of product.   Would it be better for me to close it myself before they do?

Message Edited by JmeDavis on 08-06-2008 12:14 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo/La-Z-Boy CC

It will probably just close out upon paying it off which won't hurt you, you just loose the tradeline being open, but doesn't report negatively how it was closed.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it won't affect my score if it shows Closed at Credit Grantor's request vs showing as my request?
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well that's what im saying... because the product is not being offered anymore, it will probably just close out with no notations. if it does happen to say closed at credit grantors request that does not effect fico scoring
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.