Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo PC?

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo PC?

Has anyone had any luck doing a product change with Wells? I have a Visa Platinum and I recently got a CLI to $5k and want a siggy. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NikoD
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo PC?

They added the 1% cash back to my platinum card several years ago but it is still considered a platinum card. They don't consider that a PC. A few months ago I talked to several reps on the phone and a banker at my branch. They all told me the same thing: WF never does PCs. They said It has nothing to do with me or my card. They don't do that for anyone. BTW, my card also has an AF since that was in my original card agreement from 1997. They say they can't even remove that either. Again, they can't do that for anyone. I would have to cancel the card and apply again. If I were going to app for a new card it would NOT be with WF.

Message 2 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@NikoD wrote:

They added the 1% cash back to my platinum card several years ago but it is still considered a platinum card. They don't consider that a PC. A few months ago I talked to several reps on the phone and a banker at my branch. They all told me the same thing: WF never does PCs. They said It has nothing to do with me or my card. They don't do that for anyone. BTW, my card also has an AF since that was in my original card agreement from 1997. They say they can't even remove that either. Again, they can't do that for anyone. I would have to cancel the card and apply again. If I were going to app for a new card it would NOT be with WF.

WF in general don't compare well to the other big CCC like chase, citi, barclays, and Amex imo. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 7
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo will not do the product change, unfortunately. You will need to apply for a new card (Visa Signature) and keep your Platinum or close it. And it's very difficult to be approved for the Visa Signature. Very finicky bank.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were going to let me product change to the home mortgage card from the visa platinum but since I had no use for it, I declined. They were really interested in why I wasn't using my card.
Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They were going to let me product change to the home mortgage card from the visa platinum but since I had no use for it, I declined. They were really interested in why I wasn't using my card.

Probably because they are both considered Platinum cards, so they would allow a PC in that circumstance.

As noted above, they don't ordinarily allow a PC.  I had the Home Rebate card and wanted to PC to a different card.  They advised that I had to apply for a new card, which I did -- the Propel 365 card.  Once it was approved, they allowed me to move my credit limit from the Home Rebate card to the Propel card, then close the Home Rebate card.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSR was down my throat about this card and then asked me about all my other accounts and acted genuinely upset because I said the card was worthless.

They gave me 200 dollar CLI today (soft pull) which brings my limit To 1,000 dollars. Insane.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.