Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Wells Fargo Platinum Pre-Approval

i got this pre approval mail from wells fargo today to apply for the platinum card....BUT...for students...lol...i know my account with them was opened when i started college back in 96 but i don't think my account was ever converted (checking and savings)...so here's my question...should i still app for it but request a regular platinum card? app is good til aug 20 so i've got time to think about it...would appreciate the advice :smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum Pre-Approval

When you app for a student card you need to put what school you are attending right??

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

yes...but i'm wondering if the pre approval would work for the non student card...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Hmmm I wonder... Try it out and let us know :smileywink:

$100K in Credit
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

i'll call them tomorrow to find out...heh..if i can use it then ill apply, but otherwise it's going to the shredder :smileyhappy: will post when i find out more...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
chnceit

It kind of reminds me of the CITI card that everyone was applying for when they were not a student but to get that card they had to go that route

$100K in Credit
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

chnceit wrote:
It kind of reminds me of the CITI card that everyone was applying for when they were not a student but to get that card they had to go that route

hhmmm...now i'm curious! but how does one get around the school part of the app W expected date of grad? lol...my app would look backdated...lmao...grad 2001 but we are now in 2013! lol

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
chnceit

It was a glitch in the application process for CITI. You would just the college part blank when applied for it and the application would go through.

Apply then day Hey I thought it said what year did Ib graduated from lol :smileywink:

$100K in Credit
Contributor
mum4519

You had received a pre-qual, and you are right as far as your acct must not have been converted if you have been graduated for 12 years. I work for WF and we have 50 year olds coming in with College CC prequals. If you have credit history built already then you should be just fine applying or the rewards or cash back card. Should not be a problem. If you want me to personally take a look at it then you can PM me. There are certain ways to structure apps to increase likelihood of approval. Take care.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+