Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Platinum Pre-Approval

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Platinum Pre-Approval

i got this pre approval mail from wells fargo today to apply for the platinum card....BUT...for students...lol...i know my account with them was opened when i started college back in 96 but i don't think my account was ever converted (checking and savings)...so here's my question...should i still app for it but request a regular platinum card? app is good til aug 20 so i've got time to think about it...would appreciate the advice Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum Pre-Approval

When you app for a student card you need to put what school you are attending right??

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

yes...but i'm wondering if the pre approval would work for the non student card...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Hmmm I wonder... Try it out and let us know Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i'll call them tomorrow to find out...heh..if i can use it then ill apply, but otherwise it's going to the shredder Smiley Happy will post when i find out more...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

It kind of reminds me of the CITI card that everyone was applying for when they were not a student but to get that card they had to go that route

Message 6 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
It kind of reminds me of the CITI card that everyone was applying for when they were not a student but to get that card they had to go that route

hhmmm...now i'm curious! but how does one get around the school part of the app W expected date of grad? lol...my app would look backdated...lmao...grad 2001 but we are now in 2013! lol

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

It was a glitch in the application process for CITI. You would just the college part blank when applied for it and the application would go through.

Apply then day Hey I thought it said what year did Ib graduated from lol Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
mum4519
Contributor

You had received a pre-qual, and you are right as far as your acct must not have been converted if you have been graduated for 12 years. I work for WF and we have 50 year olds coming in with College CC prequals. If you have credit history built already then you should be just fine applying or the rewards or cash back card. Should not be a problem. If you want me to personally take a look at it then you can PM me. There are certain ways to structure apps to increase likelihood of approval. Take care.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.