cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Product Change to Visa Signature?

tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Product Change to Visa Signature?

@Anonymous wrote:

Called the # on the back of the card today to try my luck. The rep basically said that product change offers to Visa Signature are very uncommon, and none was available for me. I would have to be basically "invited" to change over. However, she said I could apply for the Visa Signature. Interestingly, she also confirmed that all Wells cards will have a CHIP by the end of the year, and she also said that even the Visa Signature does not have CHIP + PIN. So I guess nothing lost here.

She did upgrade me to 1% cash back rewards though, not that I will use it as I already have Fidelity Amex at 2%, but I'll take it.

Got transferred over to Credit Line Increase department and they approved me for an increase from $2900 to $4400. I had asked them for $12K. They said no further increase would be approved unless I spoke to the underwriting department and they did a HP, which I opted not to do. Not going to burn up a HP on Wells right now, especially as they tend to be stingy with increases.

In sum, didn't gain a whole lot today, but at least they bumped me up without a hard pull. My WF limit is still far short of all my other cards, but the more CL I can get the better Smiley Happy

You can request a Wells Fargo card with emv chip even if it's a non-signature rewards card.  I did that back in January 2014 for my Platinum & Home Rebate Rewards when I found out that they were offering emv and since they were the first big bank offering chip & pin secondary capability.  IIRC, Barclays was the second big and public bank to offer chip & pin backup about 6 months later and the reason I got the Arrival+.  

@csryang in above post is correct with all the info about emv chip & pin.  Diner's is the only true chip & pin priority emv card that was available to public, others you have to join credit unions or USAA. I jumped on the offer and got a Diner's card when it was open for app's to get a non CU chip & pin card w/out FTF's.  Wells Fargo, unfortunately has 3% FTF's, so I didn't take it with me to Europe.  Chase has told me that starting next Spring, they will roll out chip & pin backup to their emv cards.

As far as dealings with Wells Fargo, I've never asked for anything besides a few fee reimbursements and the chip cards, but they have been generous with me. They just recently changed my Platinum Rewards cards to Visa Signature without me asking for it.  I've had a banking relationship for over 15 years with them (checking, savings, mortgage, credit cards) and they've auto CLI'd both cards doubling the starting CL when they saw I was using one up to limit.  I don't use their credit cards much at all now , just cell phone bills, but for whatever reason, they decided to change it all of a sudden to Visa Sig.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.