cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel World - What Would You Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel World - What Would You Do?

@B335is wrote:
David,

Yeah Wells Fargo takes a lot of flack around here, but there's a few people that seem to really like them. I totally understand that feeling you get with the first lender that said "we trust you". That's how I am with Citi (even though they just denied my Prestige app). I guess if I decide to keep the card, I will app for a new one and if approved try to get the limit moved over.

Citi is probably the last big one I'm really hoping to get in with, I really want their Double Cash card, which they just denied me for. It seems like they tend to be pretty conservative from what I've read here (along with Wells Fargo it seems). Looking forward to trying again with them next year though. Hope you can get your Prestige down the line a bit!

It's definitely unfortunate Wells Fargo won't let you PC over to the Visa line... Being **bleep** about PCs makes me like them a little less. They gave you the option to PC within the same product line though (Propel)? I'd love to PC my current low end Student Rewards Visa up to the Signature variant once the credit line on it is high enough, I wonder if that'd be possible. It's my oldest card so I really want to keep that account, but I don't want to be stuck on the Student version forever. I guess we'll see when the time comes!

Message 21 of 70
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
My Wells Fargo Propel World Amex is coming up on the one year anniversary so I called Customer Service today. First I asked if it is eligible for CLI (it remains at $8k limit from when I applied last year) and he said he can submit it but had no way of knowing if it was hard or soft pull. So I didn't proceed. Next I asked for PC options to mitigate my AF. He only gave me one option to the Propel 365, but nothing without an AF. He said I can apply for a new card then ask to move my existing limit to that (if approved), but if I'm going to apply for an entirely new card I might as well apply for the Propel 365 to get the sign up bonus! I have other cards for 5% gas and I rarely eat at restaurants, so the 2-3x points don't do much. It does have $100 travel allowance and cell phone insurance coverage. It's my only WF card.

I'm leaning towards just closing the card. What does everyone think?

This is absolutely not true, you just had a bad rep.  Call the underwriting number I had listed in the "Backdoor Numbers" thread and they can most certainly tell you if it will be a SP or HP.  I personally have had no issues with WF, but I know others here have.  Getting them to waive the annual fee may prove difficult, but the SP CLI is definitely possible

Message 22 of 70
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335,

I had a balance of $10,000 on my USAA CARD with a limit of $22,000 when I just got approved for my second wells Fargo visa platinum. Sure it was only for 2500 but my other two cards started at 2500 to and have really grown since then. I'm preparing to move my credit line from my propel over to this new platinum before my annual fee in July. When I was approved a couple days ago, the csr said I could do it, I just have to wait until I get the card. I know it can be done because every time I was denied a cli with a sp they would ask if I wanted to move credit lines around using that sp. I always declined and moved on with a hp cli.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 23 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
David,

Yeah Wells Fargo takes a lot of flack around here, but there's a few people that seem to really like them. I totally understand that feeling you get with the first lender that said "we trust you". That's how I am with Citi (even though they just denied my Prestige app). I guess if I decide to keep the card, I will app for a new one and if approved try to get the limit moved over.

Count me in the pro WF category as well.  I've had good luck with in branch customer service dealing directly with the WF advisors team. 

Message 24 of 70
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

David, yes they will only permit a PC within the same family of Propel cards. I think I'm going to call the backdoor number about CLI again today.

12njoy, how many inq did you have?
Message 25 of 70
12njoy
Super Contributor

27 on TU when I got this last card from Wells Fargo and not one question from them
___________ 12Njoy
Message 26 of 70
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Any difference between applying online or over the phone?
Message 27 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Any difference between applying online or over the phone?

Have you considered visiting a branch to apply?  I'm likely in the minority but I feel it's a better odds scenario so if they have any questions they can quickly get in touch with the U/W's.  I guess "selling yourself", so to speak, is easier done in person.

Message 28 of 70
12njoy
Super Contributor

No difference but I like the Internet apps. They did say it takes 24 hours for decision
___________ 12Njoy
Message 29 of 70
12njoy
Super Contributor

Closest branch is 61 miles away
___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.