cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel World - What Would You Do?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Propel World - What Would You Do?

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Any difference between applying online or over the phone?

Have you considered visiting a branch to apply?  I'm likely in the minority but I feel it's a better odds scenario so if they have any questions they can quickly get in touch with the U/W's.  I guess "selling yourself", so to speak, is easier done in person.

I don't have any banking relationship other than the card (and the Dillards card) so I didn't think to apply in branch. It makes sense though since verification issues tend to pop up for me with a lot of lenders. 

Message 31 of 70
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
My Wells Fargo Propel World Amex is coming up on the one year anniversary so I called Customer Service today. First I asked if it is eligible for CLI (it remains at $8k limit from when I applied last year) and he said he can submit it but had no way of knowing if it was hard or soft pull. So I didn't proceed. Next I asked for PC options to mitigate my AF. He only gave me one option to the Propel 365, but nothing without an AF. He said I can apply for a new card then ask to move my existing limit to that (if approved), but if I'm going to apply for an entirely new card I might as well apply for the Propel 365 to get the sign up bonus! I have other cards for 5% gas and I rarely eat at restaurants, so the 2-3x points don't do much. It does have $100 travel allowance and cell phone insurance coverage. It's my only WF card.

I'm leaning towards just closing the card. What does everyone think?

I would keep it , but that's just me,I was able to finely get Wells Fargo propel world amex about 2 months ago,and I've been a banking customer with them for 20 years,it to 45 minutes on the phone with a senior underwriter, to get them to approve me, I was at the branch today to deposit a check and I did not have my debit card with me,so I handed the teller my wells amex and he told me , this was the first time he has ever seen this card, the bank manager came over and told me that it's a very hard card to get approved for and that she was turned down for one lol

Message 32 of 70
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I know lhcole has quite a bit of WF love. Hopefully he will chime in at some point. Thank you all for your input so far. Looks like I'll be ditching the card.

HAYYY! 

I am one of those rare fans of WF on these boards. Smiley Happy

I say keep it, B. WF can be a tough nut to crack and if you already have a product with them I think it will make it easier for future apps (if you want any).

As far as CLIs, I have yet to be turned down for them. All but one was SP. I called in and asked and they assured me SP. The one time they said SP and it wound up being a HP I was able to get the HP removed since the call had been recorded.

Cell insurance is HUGE! I like it for that. And they also offer me special cash back bonuses from time to time when I call in and ask for promos on my card.

Only cons I see is that there are rarely PC options and I have never been given an APR reduction. (So no balance carrying on this card Smiley Wink)

Message 33 of 70
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I know lhcole has quite a bit of WF love. Hopefully he will chime in at some point. Thank you all for your input so far. Looks like I'll be ditching the card.

HAYYY! 

I am one of those rare fans of WF on these boards. Smiley Happy

I say keep it, B. WF can be a tough nut to crack and if you already have a product with them I think it will make it easier for future apps (if you want any).

As far as CLIs, I have yet to be turned down for them. All but one was SP. I called in and asked and they assured me SP. The one time they said SP and it wound up being a HP I was able to get the HP removed since the call had been recorded.

Cell insurance is HUGE! I like it for that. And they also offer me special cash back bonuses from time to time when I call in and ask for promos on my card.

Only cons I see is that there are rarely PC options and I have never been given an APR reduction. (So no balance carrying on this card Smiley Wink)

Which card do you have with WF?

Message 34 of 70
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

WF Cash Back College VISA

(I think I have a special place in my heart for them because they gave me my first CC when others were scared of me. LOL. $600 starting limit with a score in the 500s back in 2011. CL is $10K now)

Message 35 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

WF Cash Back College VISA

(I think I have a special place in my heart for them because they gave me my first CC when others were scared of me. LOL. $600 starting limit with a score in the 500s back in 2011. CL is $10K now)

That's exactly my position! Except for me it was 2013 instead of 2011. Line was $650 and is now 4K. I really want to get their Signature cash back card at some point though, I don't really want to have the College version forever, but I'm guessing a PC hasn't been possible for you on that one?

Message 36 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would close it. None of their cards sound like they'd be of much value to you and it's not surprising, as they're all pretty underwhelming.
Message 37 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to do what's best for you. Personally, I've been saying I'm going to trim the fat for a few weeks but I haven't pulled the trigger. I think they have credit cards but I have nothing bad to say about my banking relationship with them. Maybe that's why I'm so hesitant to dump the card.
Message 38 of 70
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Well I called backdoor number and requested CLI from $8k to $15k, he told me I'd receive a letter (denied!). So I just applied for the Cash Rewards Visa Signature which was declined for number of inq and lack of existing experience, or some oddball reason. So I'll probably just close the Propel and hang up my WF ride - which hasn't been all that thrilling.
Message 39 of 70
12njoy
Super Contributor

Sorry B335. It sounds like they want you to have some type of checking, savings or other account besides the one credit card you have. I've been denied for the same reasons on the sp. When I call and take the hp they overturn the decision. I realize you took a hp, but I think it all came down to that wells Fargo relationship.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.