cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel cards being discontinued?

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel cards being discontinued?

Just noticed yesterday that the WF Propel cards (Propel, Propel 365, and World) are no longer on the website so I called in to ask about it. The representative told me they are discontinuing the Propel and Propel 365 but I can continue using my card for now until further notice. She said the World is still available even though it’s not listed anymore. Does anybody have any other information about this?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel cards being discontinued?

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Been posted around the web.  here is one article on it

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-wells-fargo-propel-world-discontinued-march-31st/

Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-wells-fargo-propel-world-discontinued-march-31st/

Beat me to it by a few second Smiley Tongue

Had to find it first. Smiley LOL Only reason I remembered reading about it.

Message 5 of 12
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Yeah I just saw that article too and still confused. Don’t know if they are discontinuing for good or reintroducing it since the article mentioned “revamp.” Wondering If I should redeem my points and prepare for cancellation or not.
Message 6 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My understanding is Propel and Propel 365 will be refreshed, so perhaps the rewards structure will change a bit and it will return. Based on the investor report, Propel World will become an invitation-only product for clients of Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management. Either way, if canceled, they will give you time to redeem and very likely just force convert into one of their other card products. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another move showing how aimless this bank is. A couple crappy points cards and a standard 1.5% card.

Who knows, maybe they'll come out with a 2.5% card in desperation...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Another move showing how aimless this bank is. A couple crappy points cards and a standard 1.5% card.

Oh, now you know better than that. 

Any shareholder owned company no longer does anything positive for their cardholders compared to the products they offer now. Publicly traded companies no longer care about their customers and employees. 

They have to rake in record profits to inflate the Dow Jones so it can auto correct anyways. 

Message 9 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Oh, now you know better than that. 

Any shareholder owned company no longer does anything positive for their cardholders compared to the products they offer now. Publicly traded companies no longer care about their customers and employees. 

They have to rake in record profits to inflate the Dow Jones so it can auto correct anyways. 

Wells Fargo's specialties are...or, at least were, before all the unauthorized accounts...cross-selling products and getting cheap access to deposits. I don't think they've seriously tried (at least for several years) to win new customers by offering good credit cards. More money to sell fewer high-margin mediocre cards to their depositor base.

And, strictly speaking, you can't accuse Wells Fargo of inflating the DJIA, as WFC is not one of the 30 components. A very flawed index, anyway.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.