cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured ...CLI?! Very confused!

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured ...CLI?! Very confused!

I have a Wells Fargo Secured credit card with a line of $500/$500 collateral.  I just hit my 6 month anniversary a few weeks ago, and logged into my account online just now to find that my credit line is not $500, but $600?!  Could they have possibly graduated me already before the normal 12 months are up?  Is this some sort of mistake?  Has anyone ever run across anything like this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Secured ...CLI?! Very confused!

why dont you call them? I have read people with citi secured and old providian sometimes get cli(making it partially secured) prehaps wells is doing this now
Message 2 of 4
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Here's the reply I got back from Wells Fargo customer service:  Our records indicate your secured credit card account qualified for an unsecured automatic credit line increase. Your new credit limit is $600.00.

Pretty cool!  I didn't even know they went partially secured before the graduation date and hadn't heard of this happening before.  Anyone else seen this before?  Maybe it's a new thing they're doing?

Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

Here's the reply I got back from Wells Fargo customer service:  Our records indicate your secured credit card account qualified for an unsecured automatic credit line increase. Your new credit limit is $600.00.

Congrats! That's awesome, especially in this climate. 

Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.