cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card..... GRADUATION!!!!

tag
aplast
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured Card..... GRADUATION!!!!

I never thought I would see the day where this card would graduate. I have had it 2 years now with a whopping 300 limit that was used as collateral. and from what I understand Wells Fargo stopped graduating people for some time. So I called the rep and he wasnt sure what my credit limit is going to be.. Im hoping they took a look at my CR by soft pull so they can see that I have cards with 10 times that limit that. We shall see. He said alot of the time the limit will be well over the initial deposit, but again its wells fargo and we are forced to wait and see what happens! My account officially graduates 12-3-12. I thought I would share the news with everyone and give some encouraging thoughts to those with un-graduated WF secured cards!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card..... GRADUATION!!!!

Congrats

Message 2 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@aplast wrote:

I never thought I would see the day where this card would graduate. I have had it 2 years now with a whopping 300 limit that was used as collateral. and from what I understand Wells Fargo stopped graduating people for some time. So I called the rep and he wasnt sure what my credit limit is going to be.. Im hoping they took a look at my CR by soft pull so they can see that I have cards with 10 times that limit that. We shall see. He said alot of the time the limit will be well over the initial deposit, but again its wells fargo and we are forced to wait and see what happens! My account officially graduates 12-3-12. I thought I would share the news with everyone and give some encouraging thoughts to those with un-graduated WF secured cards!

Sweet.  I gave up and fired those guys when they wouldn't grad me, I'm glad they are coming to their senses.  Congrats.

Message 4 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aplast wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 13
aplast
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I was seriously floored when I read the letter. now hopefully they dont give me a toy limit. BTW im really liking everyones signature with the card logos. I have to look into this.

Message 6 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@aplast wrote:

...BTW im really liking everyones signature with the card logos. I have to look into this.

Sent you a PM with the "secret" method for a fancy sig.  Some assembly required.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!I just got my graduation letter today and was told that I will have to wait till December 3rd as well!!   I was wondering last month why they approved me for a $2,500 rewards card but still hadn't graduated me on my $500 secured card.  I am just happy that they came to their senses!  We shall both have our fingers crossed as to what the limit will be on our cards. I also like how people are able to have the cool new card sigs, maybe someone can clue me in as well...

Message 8 of 13
aplast
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

@aplast wrote:

...BTW im really liking everyones signature with the card logos. I have to look into this.

Sent you a PM with the "secret" method for a fancy sig.  Some assembly required.

Much appreciated!

Message 9 of 13
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!!I just got my graduation letter today and was told that I will have to wait till December 3rd as well!!   I was wondering last month why they approved me for a $2,500 rewards card but still hadn't graduated me on my $500 secured card.  I am just happy that they came to their senses!  We shall both have our fingers crossed as to what the limit will be on our cards. I also like how people are able to have the cool new card sigs, maybe someone can clue me in as well...

alright!! good to hear that someone else is graduating as well! from what I understand the CS lady told me that they only review secured accounts in October. Again thats just what one of their reps told me over the phone, so im not sure how accurate that statement is. Im hoping for 2k or more. I have other limits in that range and think that would be a reasonable. and the card I got upgraded to is just the regular platinum, so I think ill still use my sams discover as im earning 2% CB on every purchase. When you find out your limit I would love to know what you got! keep us informed! and I sent you a PM with the info to get that fancy sig Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.