cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduated....!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduated....!!

I'm a new Immigrant to the states...20 minutes ago I got a graduation letter in mail , and I'd like to share my info...

Unemployed

31/Dec / 2010 .... Applied for WF secured Card...500$ CL ***Employment status set by banker to "Student"

10/Jan/2011  ...... Recieved Denial Letter.

13/Jan/2011 .......Recieved Acceptance Letter..

01/Feb/2011........Visa account created after 2 days , 500$ deducted from checking

15/Feb/2011........Card Recieved in Mail , Activated instantly

18/Feb/2011........Recieved the 1st Statement

08/Feb/2011........Got a Job!!! Smiley Happy

June / 2011 ..... Increased My CL to 2000$ ...by depositing more money to the sucured account..

August/2011.......Increased My CL to 3000$.....By depositing more

Nov/2011...I was pre-approved to Cap1 no hassle cash back .... open it with 2K CK

Feb/2012.......2nd Annual Fee Deducted

Mar/2012.......Increased CL to 10K......by depositing more Cash

04/May/2012 ....Got  Graduation Letter....

*******I'll Update this post once I gen more info*************

Thanks

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduated....!!

Congrats !!! I'm still waiting on mine...

Message 2 of 38
klorics3
Established Member

Congrats! I got my graduation letter in the mail also, I called CS to accept the offer. Card should arrive within 10-14 days. Let me know  how yours goes!

2013 Cards: Discover IT $1900. Zync $500 Hard. Wells Fargo $1400. BBRZMC $1750. Cap1 QS $300. Cap1 QS1 $200. Walmart Store $2600. Amazon Store $1000.
Message 3 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Just curious but for both of you did you use the card regularly?   Make small purchases occasionally or anything special?

I've had mine for about 3.5 years....no joke...and nothing.  Smiley Sad  I have a Netflix subscription that I put on it and pay off every month...and that's about it.  Maybe they're bitter at me for switching my checking & savings to NFCU.  Smiley Tongue

My plan I guess is to wait 1 more year (all the baddies on my report are falling off Dec/Jan) and if they don't unsecure by then I'm done with WF.  I'm just really hesitant because it's my oldest open tradeline.

Message 4 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I noticed that in Wf secured examples, they increased the credit lines via deposits.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes....I'm using Regularly....Keeping Utilization ratio less than 10%.....only Last october statement the ballance was 0 during the billing cycle closeout..

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@klorics3

I didn't get an offer to respond....just graduation letters says that I'll get my new card in 45 Days..

BTW...no Hard Pull was done , I'll check from which bureau they soft pull...

Message 7 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Strange thing is WF "teased" me with 2 small unsecured increases on the card but nothing after that.  I was using the card pretty heavily back then, though.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my situation WF never did AutoCLI on my account....I have to do it by my self..

Message 9 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Do you have checking through WF?

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.