cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduated....!!

tag
allnicksgone
Established Member

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduated....!!

I have had my WF $300 secured card since 2009 without graduating. I have a 732 fico score and a Discover, Chase, Southwest Visa, Capital One, and a JetBlue American Express cards with decent limits.

I don't think Wells Fargo will ever graduate me and I plan on canceling. It served it's purpose in building my credit.

At least that was my thinking after reading this post right before my mail came today. 

A few minutes ago I got my graduation letter.

Message 11 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@allnicksgone wrote:

I have had my WF $300 secured card since 2009 without graduating. I have a 732 fico score and a Discover, Chase, Southwest Visa, Capital One, and a JetBlue American Express cards with decent limits.

I don't think Wells Fargo will ever graduate me and I plan on canceling. It served it's purpose in building my credit.

At least that was my thinking after reading this post right before my mail came today. 

after 3 years I would axe them with the cards you already have!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

When I've called reps to inquire about graduation they've usually just told me to wait...blah blah blah they review accounts twice a year in April & October...you'll get paperwork in the mail if it happens.  They also have given another alternative which is to apply for an unsecured card and close this one out.  No one seems to know if it is a proper product change or not though.  I don't really think it's worth the hard pull if the new card isn't going to retain the old history.

Message 13 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

In my situation WF never did AutoCLI on my account....I have to do it by my self..

Depends how much you had at any given time for a deposit, and also depends when the other poster got the card.  It's a strange time still economically but a 1-2 year swing is huge these days in lending policy.

        
Message 14 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Ah yes, the glory days of 2008 when bankers still drank champagne filled with gold flakes.  Smiley Very Happy  If I remember correctly there was a period in 2009 or 2010 where they ceased the graduation process entirely citing the new credit card laws.

Message 15 of 38
SimonP
Valued Member

I Got Mine Too!!!

I normally do not check my mails on Saturdays, so I'm just reading your posts and thinking why not. Just a minute ago walked to the box, and guess what! I got mine too. After 33 months it is a relief. Most importantly, I get my 10K back! Like the op, I also increased my limit gradually over the years, and I have checking with them since 2009.

The letter says that this will happen in 45 days, and I have upgraded to a Platinum Visa. Thanks for the news. I am sure they have changed something that we all are receiving this letter in synch.

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 16 of 38
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: I Got Mine Too!!!

That is awesome.  I'll have to be sure to check my mail for the next few days.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:

Do you have checking through WF?

Yes , I do....I have checking & savings with total Balance of 2500$....it is my main account with Direct deposit

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@allnicksgone wrote:

Damn!!! ...it looks WF starts Graduating now...

Congratz...

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:

Ah yes, the glory days of 2008 when bankers still drank champagne filled with gold flakes.  Smiley Very Happy  If I remember correctly there was a period in 2009 or 2010 where they ceased the graduation process entirely citing the new credit card laws.

I don't think WF cards are Sexy enough to worth another hard pull.....

Just wait....

If i were you....i'd rather wait till one month before account birthday , i'll apply to a good credit card and close that one...

hopefully you'll get yours soon..

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.