Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation...in 6 Months

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation...in 6 Months

In mid April when i opened my Wells Fargo Secured Card i was skeptical, due to recently finding this forum and reading about the horrible service from Wells Fargo Secured Cards. I took the plunge anyway, as I have been a customer with them banking-wise since 2001. I also have the identity theft protection from them for about 8 months now.

I started with 1,000. I bumped it up another 1000 dollars a couple of months later. To my surprise, tonight when i called to increase it another $2500, I first asked if i was eligible for any type of CLI without putting up the money. The rep responded with "no, oh, wait a second...it appears we sent you out a later stating that your card is going to be graduating on October 31st". I was in complete disbelief as I have read about others here going as long as 42 months without graduation. I went ahead and bumped up the limit $2500 anyways, and i will put as much money as possible into before my graduation date. I know that they will at least keep the original secured limit, and in some cases even get an Auto CLI after graduation. I thank this forum for everything regarding my credit thus far, and just wanted to share my experience.

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation...in 6 Months

@Reese2107 wrote:

In mid April when i opened my Wells Fargo Secured Card i was skeptical, due to recently finding this forum and reading about the horrible service from Wells Fargo Secured Cards. I took the plunge anyway, as I have been a customer with them banking-wise since 2001. I also have the identity theft protection from them for about 8 months now.

I started with 1,000. I bumped it up another 1000 dollars a couple of months later. To my surprise, tonight when i called to increase it another $2500, I first asked if i was eligible for any type of CLI without putting up the money. The rep responded with "no, oh, wait a second...it appears we sent you out a later stating that your card is going to be graduating on October 31st". I was in complete disbelief as I have read about others here going as long as 42 months without graduation. I went ahead and bumped up the limit $2500 anyways, and i will put as much money as possible into before my graduation date. I know that they will at least keep the original secured limit, and in some cases even get an Auto CLI after graduation. I thank this forum for everything regarding my credit thus far, and just wanted to share my experience.

Congrats on the garduation

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo is one of those banks that appreciates banking relationships, in your case its been 13 years of banking so congrats!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 9
Reese2107
Valued Member

Thanks. Im actually kind of excited. lol...i think im going to put as much money as i can to increase my limit before my graduation.

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats! graduations are sweet! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 9
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, that's great, and lol, I'm the guy sitting at 42 months with perfect history still not graduated, this is a true YMMV lol

Message 8 of 9
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.