cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card Limit Increase?

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured Card Limit Increase?

Hi everyone.

I would like to know if it is a good idea to increase my Wells Fargo secured limit. Right now it's credit limit is 300. I was thinking of increasing it by 1000 bringing it up to 1300. It's graduation is by the end of August so I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Also at the moment I am gardening and wanting to see my 3 new cc grow age and apply for new credit around January 2013 or so.

Also anyone knows if when your secured card graduates do they check your credit to determine a credit limit or is it going to be the same credit as your deposit. Is it automatic or do you have to request the graduation process?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Limit Increase?

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Hi everyone.

I would like to know if it is a good idea to increase my Wells Fargo secured limit. Right now it's credit limit is 300. I was thinking of increasing it by 1000 bringing it up to 1300. It's graduation is by the end of August so I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Also at the moment I am gardening and wanting to see my 3 new cc grow age and apply for new credit around January 2013 or so.

Also anyone knows if when your secured card graduates do they check your credit to determine a credit limit or is it going to be the same credit as your deposit. Is it automatic or do you have to request the graduation process?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

I always think it is better to have a bigger deposit and credit limit.    I had 2 secured cards Capital One($2200) and HSBC($1100).   I got unsecured cards from both ot them Capital One($3000) and HSBC($500), so some of the time it helps with a bigger limit.   I also got several store cards with larger than expected limits while I had the secured cards, so I think it helped some there too. 

Message 2 of 3
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Limit Increase?

IMHO , do it ! There is a frequent saying aroung here that bigger limits beget higher limits. I too had a Wells Fargo secured card for just over a year. I called shortly thereafter and they "were not graduating cards" at that time. The CSR asked if I would like to apply for a NEW non-secured card, but I replied if they wont "graduate" my secured card why would they approve me for a new unsecured card, but out of frustration I went ahead and closed my secured card and applied in the same call for a WF Rewards card and was approved for 3800.... Dont hold your breath waiting for it to go "graduated"

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.