cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card "Graduation"? (UPDATE, FINALLY GRADUATED!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card "Graduation"?

@codymoo wrote:

I applied for a Wells Fargo Secured Card when I turned 18 to start building my credit.  Deposited $400, which became my limit.  After a few months of use they bumped my limit to $600, and then $900 a few months later.  A year later I was able to get an unsecured card through a different bank with a $5,000 limit.  

Now SEVEN years later, I have 5 credit cards with over $30k of available credit (including AMEX Platinum that has no limit) and my Secured Card has STILL NOT GRADUATED.  I've never missed a payment, use the card monthly, and carry less than a 5% balance.  I've called numerous times and each time they say that secured cards are reviewed periodically for graduation and that they "don't see why its taking so long".  I don't want to close the account because it is my oldest open account, but I honestly don't need this account anymore; it's served its purpose.  I just want an unsecured account and my $400 deposit back!

My question is this:  Has anyone had a Wells Fargo Secured card that was upgraded/secured?  How long did it take?

FICO 765

Cards:  

AMEX: Platinum (NPSL) | CHASE: Marriott Rewards Visa ($18,500) | SYNCHRONY: American Eagle Visa ($10,000), Levin ($4,000) | WELLS FARGO: Secured Visa ($900)

Mine was upgraded after 11 months as well. But I always PIF. Which could have been why. I know Wells also looks at overall accounts too if that helps!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.