Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card

tag
luckydiva95
New Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured Card

I applied for a Wells Fargo Secured Card in October and I was denied because of a collection on my report that I wasn't aware of. I'm in the process of getting it off my report. They pulled Experian. They said I could reaaply when I don't have a collections for a year. I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. I trashed my credit back in 03. I have several baddies on my report. Most of them are about to fall off next year. I have an account with BOA, but I burned them and it's still on my report. I know I can't apply with them. I was denied a Citibank Secured Card even though I have an account with them. I want a Secured Card with a Prime Bank. My scores on are in the high 500's. I'm much more responsbile now with my credit. I pay everything on time. The cards that I have now are: Orchard Secured Card $300 CL since Oct 08, Credit One $400 CL since Sept 08, and Continental Finance $375 CL since May 08. I really want to get rid of Continental Finance first. They charge crazy fees but they gave me a chance to rebuild. Is it worth it try Wells Fargo again, once my report is clean or should I wait until most of my collections fall off next year? My credit score is going up but it seems like it's going so slow.
Capital One QS $8,000| Credit one $3,150| Capital One Secured $500| Barclay View $6,250| Amazon Chase $2,700| Discover It $12,100| AMEX Everyday Preferred $15,000| Wells Fargo Active Cash $7,500| AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,900| Apple Card $4,000| Best Buy Visa $5,000| Citi Custom Cash $6,500| Chase Sapphire Preferred $9,500|Chase Unlimited Freedom $9100
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card

I was approved for a WF secured with a score in the mid 500s.  I didn't have any recent BK/judgement/tax lean, and I have two collections from 2006.  I was approved, though I've also been a WF customer for a long time and I don't know if that weighed into their decision or not.  I'm guessing if you're able to get the recent CA off your report, or can wait a year, they'll probably approve you.

I don't know much about it but you may also want to look into US Bank for a secured cc.

EDIT: Typo

Message Edited by vonMannstein on 03-05-2009 07:32 AM
Message 2 of 3
memee1978
New Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card

I just applied,waiting for an decision.My fico is 535.

hr>Starting Score: 623eq
Current Score 660TU
Goal Score:730> 660EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.