luckydiva95

Wells Fargo Secured Card

I applied for a Wells Fargo Secured Card in October and I was denied because of a collection on my report that I wasn't aware of. I'm in the process of getting it off my report. They pulled Experian. They said I could reaaply when I don't have a collections for a year. I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. I trashed my credit back in 03. I have several baddies on my report. Most of them are about to fall off next year. I have an account with BOA, but I burned them and it's still on my report. I know I can't apply with them. I was denied a Citibank Secured Card even though I have an account with them. I want a Secured Card with a Prime Bank. My scores on are in the high 500's. I'm much more responsbile now with my credit. I pay everything on time. The cards that I have now are: Orchard Secured Card $300 CL since Oct 08, Credit One $400 CL since Sept 08, and Continental Finance $375 CL since May 08. I really want to get rid of Continental Finance first. They charge crazy fees but they gave me a chance to rebuild. Is it worth it try Wells Fargo again, once my report is clean or should I wait until most of my collections fall off next year? My credit score is going up but it seems like it's going so slow.
Established Contributor
Brusilov

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card

[ Edited ]

I was approved for a WF secured with a score in the mid 500s.  I didn't have any recent BK/judgement/tax lean, and I have two collections from 2006.  I was approved, though I've also been a WF customer for a long time and I don't know if that weighed into their decision or not.  I'm guessing if you're able to get the recent CA off your report, or can wait a year, they'll probably approve you.

I don't know much about it but you may also want to look into US Bank for a secured cc.

EDIT: Typo

Message Edited by vonMannstein on 03-05-2009 07:32 AM

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Established Member
memee1978

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card

I just applied,waiting for an decision.My fico is 535.

hr>Starting Score: 415 eq
Current Score: 475TU
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+